Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 08:15 PM

Going to have a rant!

I should have kept my mouth shut, and waited till I'd talked to the allotments officer!

Told friend L that I wanted to apply for my late BiL's two raised beds, and she piped up with, she wanted one. She has a full 10 rod plot and bloody doesn't need it! She claims she finds it hard to work on hers and wants something raised, but then said she didn't want to tread on my toes.

This evening I told her I am meeting up with the allotment officer next Tuesday to show him the beds I refer to, and she still said she wanted one. I said to her, you never showed an interest till I talked of them. Yes I did, she responded, I asked years ago.

Now, if she applies for one it wrecks my plans for the beds. There is a small shed by plot A, good composting bins for the one lettered B, BiL had put a cane arch across the two, and there is a wooden bench put there, on which I'd like to put a placque with his name on!

She IS stepping on my toes, and had not said anything in the past about wanting one.

Told ya. Should have just applied for them without saying anything. Now, how do I deal with this, if she is determined? She said 'oh, I don't know how to ask, whether to put in an email!'

I would risk the friendship if I put my foot down and said I wanted them both. I asked him first. Wonder if he'll offer them both to me?

Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 08:17 PM

Re: Going to have a rant!

Go for it, it sounds as if this friendship is one sided anyway and this person is ready to stab you in the back given half a chance.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 08:19 PM

I'm fuming! I only have one raised bed, and a few square metres of ground plot. She even has a garden at home!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 08:23 PM

I think she is being greedy Jazzi, ask for permission for yourself and forget about her.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

01-06-2017, 08:44 PM

I'm going to put my foot down and insist I have both. Knowing her she'll likely turn up on Tuesday to meet him!

What I'd like to say to her is that she is being unfair to me, especially after the way my neighbour shafted me, making me come off of her plot! It seems I go after more plots, and someone else is waiting in the wings, ready to pounce!

She might have a bad hip, but that doesn't stop her getting on her hands and knees building ponds, lugging bags of compost about etc.

No. She's winding me up, and I'm not having it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:04 PM

That's so unfair jazzi I think I'd be tempted to point out how small your plot is in the application if possible. I know what it's like on allotments you don't want to fall out but I would definetly not be telling her too much in future.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

01-06-2017, 09:05 PM

I've emailed the allotments officer, alerting him to this development. I told him she already has a 10 rod plot, and as I was chucked off the 10 rod plot by my neighbour (not quite, but you know the story!), I said I am angry that when I showed an interest in both beds, someone mentions that they wanted one! I said, this wrecks my plans.

Told him not to say anything to anybody, but that she might email in her request. Asking if he'll let me have both, regardless.

Am putting my foot down. She has made me mad!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:06 PM

You go girl
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 10:33 PM

I hope you get both plots Jazzi. x
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

01-06-2017, 11:09 PM

Thanks! Won't be seeing her for a few days, and will try to avoid her for the others.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top