Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 08:06 PM

Gilding the Lily

I am often amazed by programmes on TV, extoling the benefits of makeup up complete with demos of attractive models with good skin
Often the Before natural picture is much better than the After one where they look like a Painted L Lady.

We are implored to buy: Cleanser ,Toner. Skin Primer. Foundation, Eyeshadows, Lip Liner, Lipstick, Contour, Highlighter, Blusher and Eyebrow Tint as well
All that on one face.

Now we must all but the ‘No No’ a gadget for getting rid of body hair. Heavily advertised at present
We see attractive women shaving their faces . Surely that will encourage beards?
We are made to feel totally embarrassed if we have ones stray hair, as being hairless is beautiful !!

The price is approx. £160.00 cheap at half the price to ‘ Shave all over’

Well, luckily I am not hirsute so will not buy one.
In fact a strange thing happened to me years ago when I had a few leg hairs and underarm hairs that needing monthly attention.
They all simply all disappeared over night never to be seen again. I was amazed.
I was glad the hair on my head did not disappear as well.

Many female celebs do not mind showing lots of underarm hair

Some men simply do not want to be with ‘Hairy Mary’ and insist on all body hair being eradicated…… What a palaver !!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 08:24 PM

Re: Gilding the Lily

Azure, I think l am turning into a man! I found four long black hairs on my chin! Shock, horror, these must be the four blonde ones l cut off, not long ago.
Luckily, l have never had to shave my legs. I bet if l had started to, all those years ago, l would be in need of one of these machines now!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 08:39 PM

I agree, I often don't recognise 'celebs' when they advertise products because they no longer look like that person.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 08:39 PM

Azure, do not apply these potions whilst driving.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Azure, I think l am turning into a man! I found four long black hairs on my chin! Shock, horror, these must be the four blonde ones l cut off, not long ago.
Luckily, l have never had to shave my legs. I bet if l had started to, all those years ago, l would be in need of one of these machines now!!
Yes you are right Artangel ,the more you shave the more it encourages the hair to grow hair grows.
A bit like pruning roses.
And stray hairs on the face seem to appear overnight sometimes.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

26-05-2017, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Azure, do not apply these potions whilst driving.
No spitfire

I always keep my eyes on the road when driving.

Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 09:48 PM

For anyone considering a hairy mary you can still look glam with a splash of colour..
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MiniKini-Se...ords=pubic+dye
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 10:44 PM

Arghhh!!!!!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

27-05-2017, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
For anyone considering a hairy mary you can still look glam with a splash of colour..
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MiniKini-Se...ords=pubic+dye

That sounds such fun and if iwas young again I would have the purple colour.
I remember when Mary Quant invented the Mini skirt and she wrote that her husband had trimmed her pubic hair into a heart shape , True love
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 04:10 PM

he could have been a bit more adventurous and created a Bonsai Beaver.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top