Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 06:01 PM

Sunbathing

Having been instructed, many times, that I should get more sun because my face is too white, I braved it again today for maybe 30 mins

BORING ... and despite trying tea bags, cucumber, sunglasses, my eyeballs think they've been boiled.

OK I'm exaggerating, but I really don't get it.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 06:12 PM

Re: Sunbathing

Me neither, can't see the point of sitting in the sun burning to a crisp, and as you say, very boring..
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 06:34 PM

I keep out of the hot sun as much as possible these days, having no wish to get a skin cancer. I spent far too much time cooking on the beach as a child.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 06:58 PM

20 minutes with factor 30 today. Just a gentle tan. I`m away to Puglia in September so warning my skin now
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Me neither, can't see the point of sitting in the sun burning to a crisp, and as you say, very boring..
yep

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I keep out of the hot sun as much as possible these days, having no wish to get a skin cancer. I spent far too much time cooking on the beach as a child.
I have not-so-fond memories of childhood holidays with sand in my swimming cossie

Ooo and as a small child I had to wear a knitted 'thing' to protect my shoulders when I was in and out of the sea
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I have not-so-fond memories of childhood holidays with sand in my swimming cossie

Ooo and as a small child I had to wear a knitted 'thing' to protect my shoulders when I was in and out of the sea
Sand with everything as I seem to remember, as well as every orifice on your body, it even infiltrated the egg and cress sandwiches for our lunch, happy days....
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 07:12 PM

1976 was a very long time ago. I tan without burning if I am careful. I remember a black friend of mine saying you look like me.

Now I`m far more cautious.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

26-05-2017, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Sand with everything as I seem to remember, as well as every orifice on your body, it even infiltrated the egg and cress sandwiches for our lunch, happy days....
Oh yesssss

Egg sandwiches with sand in

The eggs were always over cooked and had that grey colour around the edge ..
bleugh!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 08:05 PM

I'm not much of a one for sunbathing either, happier pottering about doing things outside when it is sunny, rather than just sitting still.

Just a wee bit too fierce for me the last couple of days though.
Local weather said it reached 29 degrees today, although today we had a nice gentle breeze so it was a tad more comfortable than yesterday.
Round about 20 or maybe 22 is best for me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 08:08 PM

I love the sun don't care anymore about skin damage .
Spent my youth in the tropics protected ( not) by Johnsons baby oil and amber soleil factor 4.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top