Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 07:16 PM

The Joy of Dusk - Do You Get the Benefit of It?

It's such a beautiful "cosmic" time of day just before dark - particularly following a hot sunny day like today.

I'm wondering how many people notice or feel the "wholesome" benefit of it. Even if it just means standing briefly at the front or back door, while stilling the mind (don't forget that bit).

You can feel it doing you good as it cleanses the twittering mind and immediately puts you in a higher state of consciousness. Give it a try tonight.

What say you, good people?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 07:18 PM

Re: The Joy of Dusk - Do You Get the Benefit of It?

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
It's such a beautiful "cosmic" time.
I'm wondering how many people notice or feel the "wholesome" benefit of it. Even if it just means standing briefly at the front or back door, while stilling the mind (don't forget that bit).

You can feel it doing you good as it cleanses the twittering mind and immediately puts you in a higher state of consciousness. Give it a try tonight.

What say you, good people?
Er ?

Come and clean my house?
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Er ?

Come and clean my house?
Why, what have you been doing in there?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Why, what have you been doing in there?
lol ... making dust of course
Gravitas
North England

25-05-2017, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
lol ... making dust of course
Have you been exfoliating?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 07:25 PM

Chloe usually gets an extra walk at dusk after a sunny day. I won't walk her far when it is hot in the day .

We often see a fox staking the lambs in the dusk.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 07:41 PM

I also love that time of day and use it to walk the dog..OH waters the garden (if needed) and we put the house to bed as it were..

On good days from here you see the ISS in the sky as it goes on its orbit..
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

25-05-2017, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->

On good days from here you see the ISS in the sky as it goes on its orbit..
That can't be bad

Late OH and I would often sit in the garden until the early hours trying to identify the stars and watching the occasional hedgehog.

He would sometimes see a shooting star but he never pointed at it in time for me to see

Watering the garden in the evening was a mistake ... it brought out the slugs and snails.
A lesson I learnt over the years
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 08:46 PM

It is indeed a very lovely and peaceful time of day.
This evening is perfect.
There is a most beautiful sunset shining through my window onto my hair, as I type. I love it.
Everything is winding down after it's day, even the birds are singing gentler than in the mornings.
Cars going past are slower, more relaxed than when they are speeding to work or school in the mornings.
I do feel very peaceful at this moment in time.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 08:56 PM

i was sitting outside one summer evening listening to the birds singing. As it started to loose daylight as the sun went over the horizon, but it was still warm enough to stay. As it got darker the stars started to appear. Only a few near ones at first but as it got darker the whole of the sky looked like little lights like on a christmas tree twinkling away. It was beautiful, then to cap it all the moon crept into view and started to wend its way across the heavenly sky
As i saw there in awe and marvelled at the scene I thought to myself I must put a roof on this outside loo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top