Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 10:06 PM

Living next door to riverdance.

diddly diddly diddly dum.. I wish! But the stomping from next door sound as if riverdance are doing rehersals there.

Its nearly 11 pm and the lad next door is busy up and down the stairs, in and out of the rooms and every step can be heard as if someone is stamping about in my own house. Each time he leaves a room he slams the doors and the mother is no better , she stands at the bottom of the stairs and screams the kids names. When the oldest son comes round instead of ringing the doorbell he bangs on the window or the door and yells Ma, MA, MA! until she opens the door. ( hes 28) Its enough to make anyone jump but of course it makes the dog bark. Ive told her this and she makes excuses about him being ADHD and says he doesnt realise hes making a lot of noise.

Which makes it all the more amazing because she is the one who complains if anyone so much as farts..She hears cats meowing , dogs that bark and people who sing, she frequently calls the police to complain about her neighbours the other side..
She wont do it to me because I scare her but obviously not enough as last week she remarked that she heard Murphy bark and I said 'and I hear you yelling so that means both of us have good hearing '
She just laughed and walked away. We have had words in the past and it keeps them quiet for a few days but they soon get tired of trying.

Maybe I should go out for the day and invite the cast of Stomp round to my place just to let them know what its like ...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 10:46 PM

Re: Living next door to riverdance.

Oh dear Cass, uncaring or selfish neighbours can make life very fraught at times. It is so unfair, when they just don't care.

I can't offer any words of wisdom to help, if trying to talk to them them hasn't worked. It's a pity though, it can make for so much bed feeling and tension and ruin your peace in your own home.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 10:54 PM

If you have a decent sound system Cass, I can wholeheartedly recommend that you get yourself a copy of Space Station #5 by Montrose, (see below) point your speakers towards your neighbours wall and after turning your system up to full, let rip!. Make sure you aren't in the same room or at least put some cotton wool in your ears.

That `thudding` noise you will hear about two minutes in will be the plaster falling off next door's wall.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 11:33 PM

Do you keep a noise diary?

By the way that's a really nice tune Judd. Too good to waste on nasty neighbours.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 11:36 PM

I'd recommend this if you want to annoy your neighbour back. Just put on full volume repeat and go out for the day :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va6nPu-1auE
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 01:49 AM

Having been there myself, I feel sorry for you Cass.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 07:12 AM

Well they shut up at about midnight so I could get to sleep.

One of my main concerns is that when the boy bangs on the door or stamps around late at night it makes my dog jump and he will bark to alert me.

Most people wont notice the human noises but will hear a dog bark so the trouble will be that people might complain about my dog without realising what the cause is.

I dont like tit for tat actions so I will wait until I see her again offer a pot of home made jam and mention that if she hears Murphy its because he hears her son and thinks we have burglars... I will tell her Im trying to train him not to bark because I know people dont like having noisy neighbours. See if it sinks in.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 08:22 AM

Hi Cass it must be a nightmare for you . I was saying recently to another friend that there should be a legislation passed that house builders put more thought into the building of houses and flats attached to others . Some places are joined by plasterboard and single brick only causing noise to penetrate easily through walls and ceilings . I'm lucky as between our terraced houses we have a cavity due to gas fires then we have heavy breeze blocks so it's well insulated . My friend val lives in a one bed back to back and it's plasterboard between and she can hear tea cups being stirred and talking .

Perhaps the builders on here can correct me if I'm wrong .

However Cass I'm sure the noise coming from neighbour is very intrusive and people should be more considerate of others .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 08:26 AM

Good post!
PEople have the right to peace and quiet in their own home .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 09:14 AM

Blimey Cass, you're nice! Taking her a pot of jam? I'd forget all that. Just tell her, again and again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top