Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 12:06 AM

Psychopaths born

Added to existing thread -can a person be born evil.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 06:23 AM

Re: Psychopaths born

Not sure. I think to be truly evil, a person has to know that what they are doing is socially unacceptable - completely beyond the pale. I suppose it is possible for someone to be born with an inability to empathise with others and a lack of conscience, but I'm not at all sure that that is the same as being born "evil".
A psychopath doesn't necessarily know that what he/she does is socially unacceptable. His/her grasp on reality is tenuous to say the least and the voices in his/her head are more powerful than society's rules.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 07:24 AM

Hi Mick I read this article on child psychopaths which says the opposite .
( I moved my post it when I realised it was similar to another already started )

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/whe...ob-fb-enus-580

A disturbing read .
Also I was interested on reading today that Ian Brady had a loving upbringing and he himself didn't believe that childhood trauma caused criminality as in his case his family were honest respectable and without blame ( for his crimes)

It would appear that psychopaths are born .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 07:28 AM

I think psychopaths are suffering from a mental condition rather than personality disorder.
Some psychopaths can be very successful in business, because they are ruthless, I don't think they're necessarily evil.
I think to be evil you have to be totally self absorbed and not empathetic to others, without conscience.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

22-05-2017, 07:32 AM

I don't think that they can be real psychopaths .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 08:31 AM

I think psychopaths suffer from a personality disorder, but aren't mentally ill as such. They can control their behaviour, if it suits them. From what I have gathered on the topic, many of them display these traits from an early age, like Ian Brady.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 08:55 AM

I don't think that psychopaths are born any different to anybody else, we all have the capability to be one.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 10:12 AM

I think some are born with psychopathic tendencies. It is a flaw they are born with.
Sometimes, you can see 'evil' in a young child. I don't mean mischievous evil but downright sadistic evil. The child that tears the wings off a butterfly or other winged insects. The ones that drop a kitten off a balcony or put a firework into a dog's mouth tape it and light it.
If they can be that cruel to animals, then l'm sure they have the capabilrty of hurting or killing a human.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 11:46 AM

I do not believe my father was born evil-as usual he was just pretending-something to do with his personality problems I suspect.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think some are born with psychopathic tendencies. It is a flaw they are born with.
Sometimes, you can see 'evil' in a young child. I don't mean mischievous evil but downright sadistic evil. The child that tears the wings off a butterfly or other winged insects. The ones that drop a kitten off a balcony or put a firework into a dog's mouth tape it and light it.
If they can be that cruel to animals, then l'm sure they have the capabilrty of hurting or killing a human.
Most young boys pull the legs and wings off insects Arty....But thankfully they all grow out of it.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top