Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 02:49 PM

Have I been stabbed in the back?

Remember I took over a full allotment plot with my neighbour last August? Had an email from her this morning wherein she said she'd run out of planting room, had to get more containers, and next year would like to tackle the whole plot, if that was ok by me.

Well. I phoned allotment friend who advised me to walk away now. I agreed and emailed her again, asking her to return my rent money and share of the tools we bought. I did indeed tell her of my concerns and said I wasn't happy about it.

When I said in my first email was she chucking me off, she replied no, she was thinking of next year but wanted more space. Two beds wasn't enough for her. Let's see how she reacts to my response, asking for my money back now so I can walk away. Let her do all the work now. Cos ai ain't lifting a further finger.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 02:52 PM

Re: Have I been stabbed in the back?

That's not on ! Allotments are a lot of work and to expect you to get it ready for her for next year is a bit of a cheek IMO

I don't blame you at all for asking for your money back.

I'd be pretty mad if it happened like that to me.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 02:58 PM

Thanks Julie! My thoughts exactly. Waiting for her to reply to my email.

This could be awkward being as she is next door, and her kids love seeing me, but I'm afraid she has started to set the rot by saying she 'wanted to tackle the whole plot next year'. What does that tell me??
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 03:10 PM

My experience is that sharing anything never seems to work.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

19-05-2017, 03:31 PM

Agreed Purwell. She has promised to return the money latest tomorrow.

She said in that last email, so I take it you don't want the plot for the next year? But do you know what she had earlier written? 'When we viewed the plot last year, you offered to help as I didn't have any experience, but we didn't say that would last forever.'

Now you can understand why I'm furious at her.

I have asked another plot holder if I can take my car and park it on her plot, where she has created a parking/turning area for her car. It is quite close to this shared plot, and friend Lynda has reminded me of the compost bins that I provided. From my friend, actually! And I also have the incinerator to remove. Then there are all the tools, which she claims she doesn't want.

It is a long walk from my raised bed plot, and greenhouse/shed/near entrance, to this other plot, so I'll need the car.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 04:10 PM

What a shame it hasn't worked out Jazzi.
Do you think she has done it because you haven't been well enough to go lately perhaps? I suppose it is not worth explaining that to her, is it?
Mind you, no doubt it would be uncomfortable working together now I expect.

It's going to be a bit tricky if she is only next door though, is there no way you could both talk it through before it gets any worse?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

19-05-2017, 05:48 PM

Mups, after what she put ( see post 5) I realised there was no turning back.

She just wants it all. I met a mutual neighbour, who gave up on her years ago and she just shook her head and said 'she uses people, she's a funny woman, you know I don't think much of her.'

She'd gone to Brighton with her and the two kids a couple of years ago. She left the children to wee where they wanted, kept disappearing on the train to have an alcoholic drink, and when coming home, in full view of our flats she, the adult, bent down to wee in the gutter, when she was seconds from home!

Mutual neighbour lost any respect or feelings for her then, if she ever had any.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 07:13 PM

I am not aufait with all of this .

Whose name is the allotment in ?

If yours tell her to find her own plot
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 08:21 PM

That's not on Jazzi.

And I like the way she just emailed you, when she could have knocked on your door and explain how she feels.

I don't blame you for being upset with her.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

19-05-2017, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am not aufait with all of this .

Whose name is the allotment in ?

If yours tell her to find her own plot
It is in her name, as tenant. I am on the agreement as co-worker. When we viewed the plot with the allotments officer, last August, this came up, and AO said she could ask me to leave at any time. But she, neighbour, said that would never happen!!

We haven't even gone a whole year and she started on about wanting the whole plot.

And she walked down the path of the allotment while I was sitting on the bench, and she ignored me! I was on the phone, glanced up briefly and saw her, but she was facing away.

Ok. I ignored her too!

I agree Susie. No face to face.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top