Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 10:52 PM

The real nasty party ?

Chatting with someone this evening whose entire family was split asunder by first referendum she was saying that the idea of a second one just as her family and seemingly the country is finally getting over the first one, seemed like the nastiest policy she had ever heard of, and tbh thinking about it the lib dems do seem completely uncaring about the trouble the first referendum caused.
Do they really not realise how much trouble they could cause if they got their way ?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 11:16 PM

Re: The real nasty party ?

Hopefully they'll be totally wiped out at this election. Won't get fooled again seems to be the mantra from the students on Twitter after the tuition fees debacle
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Chatting with someone this evening whose entire family was split asunder by first referendum she was saying that the idea of a second one just as her family and seemingly the country is finally getting over the first one, seemed like the nastiest policy she had ever heard of, and tbh thinking about it the lib dems do seem completely uncaring about the trouble the first referendum caused.
Do they really not realise how much trouble they could cause if they got their way ?
Have you not thought that some people might have come to their senses and realised the damage they have caused?
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 05:50 AM

I used to live in Kendal, where Tim Farron was my MP

To be fair, he was a good local MP, popular and well liked & respected. If he'd just stayed like that everyone would have been happy enough, and he could have been on a nice little earner for the rest of his life

But since he became a party leader, and developed this obsession with changing the Referendum result and obstructing Brexit he's become a a thoroughly arrogant and obnoxious little toad

I would be more than happy to see both him and Clegg lose their seats
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 07:33 AM

Tim Farron is an idiot who is desperate for votes, so just like other party leaders, he is making promises in the hope of getting more votes....but unless he wins ( which he won't) those promises are a waste of time!
In the past I have voted for the Lib Dems, in the hope that they would be the party who could stop this 2 party race for power.
After the coalition with the conservatives, Lib Dems became a joke, and have remained so. With Farron' s demonstration of not understanding what democracy is about, I am afraid they would now be the last party to get my vote.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 08:21 AM

I don't thing I can ever remember an election where it's so obvious the Tories are going to have a landslide victory .
I don't like it it seems like a forgone conclusion .
The Labour Party needs someone dynamic and say what you like about Tony Blair the man was dynamic and kept the Labour Party in power for over a decade.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 08:29 AM

I think elector apathy will play a big part this time, the country really is sick and tired of hearing about it and just want to get on with their lives. As for a conservative landslide I'm not so sure that it's a foregone conclusion but if it were to happen then surely it would be the fault of the other parties for not putting forward a better agenda?

However, I digress, the name Liberal Democrats has always been a contradiction of terms, they are certainly not liberal, and if you can detect any sign of democracy in their ranks then you've better eyesight than me....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I think elector apathy will play a big part this time, the country really is sick and tired of hearing about it and just want to get on with their lives. As for a conservative landslide I'm not so sure that it's a foregone conclusion but if it were to happen then surely it would be the fault of the other parties for not putting forward a better agenda?

However, I digress, the name Liberal Democrats has always been a contradiction of terms, they are certainly not liberal, and if you can detect any sign of democracy in their ranks then you've better eyesight than me....
Hi

I agree Barry.

Apparently in some parts of the UK there are a lot registering to Vote, and most of them are young.

The one thing that does concern me is that all these divisions are widely reported in the European Media.

It gives the impression of a divided Country and encourages Juncker and Co to offer a very bad deal in the hope that Brexit will not happen.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Have you not thought that some people might have come to their senses and realised the damage they have caused?
No I don't we still have nasty divisions on this forum from the way we argued prior and after the referendum. I have friends still don't have any contact with their kids that won't be helped by another referendum.

It's been the most disruptive and devicive election I've ever witnessed !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Any damage has been caused by whingeing politicians and remoaners.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top