Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2010, 08:07 AM

Wintery Wednesday

I know it is not like this here but I thought it may help to warm you up and bring summer here faster.

It is cold but a least we woke up, some people wont get that luxury.

A quiet day planned for today as 'she who must be obeyed' is going out with her friend. Ah! peace and tranquility.

Have a great day everyone, I know I will.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2010, 10:05 AM

Re: Wintery Wednesday

Good Morning AB and Everyone. Another so cold day looming, although the forecast has said it would be a wintry sunny day!!

Our SNP council should be thrown in jail - no gritters are being sent up and our roads and pavements are death traps - hard packed snow turned to ice! Buses off, delivery vehicles can't get to the shops and they are running out of stuff, including money for the cash machines in both the PO and grocery store!! It is the same on our motorways - people are still stuck on the motorways!

Ach well, another day stuck in the house for me! Loki is having fun running up and down the 2 flights of stairs - good exercises for the both of us

Hope you all have a good day, no matter what the weather is like!

Take care.

Love the gif, AB, cheered me up!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2010, 01:19 PM

Greetings to everyone!

In my mind I am walking along AB's white sandy beach and the palm trees are gently swaying in the warm breeze.... ahhh!

Back down to earth and it's still very cold but at least there are patches of blue sky and sunshine above!

I hope conditions improve soon for all our friends in the north ....... take care and stay warm.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2010, 01:26 PM

Had to go to the shops again with the Wife, now she's talking to the shop assistants while I'm freezing outside waiting for her. Women, they will always find a way to get a chat in. The sooner the better the paths are clear and she can go out on her own again. Job done, now I'm off to my local to here some talk that makes sense, while she sits drinking tea with her two sisters.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2010, 02:21 PM

It's nice and sunny here - but cold! Wish I was on that beach instead
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2010, 03:37 PM

Nice and dry here, snow's all gone, no ice about either but very cold, blue skies and sun peeping through. I wish your snow up in the north would melt away, doesn't seem fair.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2010, 05:49 PM

Very very cold for us: still minus 3, wind chill minus nine. But sunny; it's just too cold to go outside except to rescue the paper ad fill the bird feeder. Finished Christmas cards, now to the Post Office for stamps.... then some wrapping. Will it ever warm up??
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2010, 10:20 PM

Oh for blue sky and warm sunshine AB.........

Maybe around March it will be warmer Dandysmom.....

Did manage to get a walk round recreation ground this morning-not very exciting, but at least Hatti stretched her legs! After dinner drove over to my Sisters and spent couple of hours chatting and drinking tea. The main roads were ok but side streets are still a bit of a nightmare, but got there and back safely........

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top