Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 10:55 AM

Transgender Lobby at it again.

The ever lobbying and powerful Transgender Lobby are calling for a change in school uniform policy......to allow boys to wear skirts.

At a time when kids can be sexually confused and the hormones playing games is it a step too far?

Is this just another ploy by a minority hell bent on change in their favour.
A minority with more equal rights than others?

Will this increase bullying and alienate the poor kid?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 10:59 AM

Re: Transgender Lobby at it again.

I agree with your thoughts Tpin. A step too far, indeed IMO.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 11:00 AM

So societal rules must be changed to accommodate the wishes of 0.1% of the population (assuming that all transgender people agree, which is very unlikely). Utterly crazy!
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 11:37 AM

I find it hard to believe that this is an important issue. All this activity diverts resources from really important problems in education.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 11:44 AM

IMO it is about time we had a gender neutral uniform, there are loads of things could be worn that would suit both girls and boys. I love seeing grace going off in her summer dress and straw hat but I could be easily persuaded that a track suit and t shirt in school colours would be more practical and easier to maintain.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
IMO it is about time we had a gender neutral uniform, there are loads of things could be worn that would suit both girls and boys. I love seeing grace going off in her summer dress and straw hat but I could be easily persuaded that a track suit and t shirt in school colours would be more practical and easier to maintain.
I agree that a gender neutral uniform is a good idea.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Thats a lttle different than lads wearing a skirt.
This will isolate them more and open them up to bullying.
Surely this is going to add to the child's confusion and unhappiness?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Thats a lttle different than lads wearing a skirt.
This will isolate them more and open them up to bullying.
Surely this is going to add to the child's confusion and unhappiness?
I suggested it as an alternative that could work better than boys in skirts and would be good for girls who aren't girly girls too.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 12:39 PM

I cannot see the problem in letting children wear what they want, so a school could say we have blue and grey as school colours and any combo of clothing in that colour is fine or they could just list grey bottoms be it skirt tracksuit or trousers and blue tops it would be indiviual choice as to who wore what.

Why such a problem about skirts , if we called them kilts would that make the men feel better?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-05-2017, 12:41 PM

Interesting but I'd want a few rules about length of skirt and type of top, just saying the colour has to be right I predict some rather short skirts and low tops as they age.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top