Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 01:31 AM

Test video (setting myself a task)

As the title says this really is just me testing myself with video work

So how what and why

First I used a small pocket type compact camera- mini gorilla tripod - 3 Skyvac gutter cleaning poles and electrical tape.
Assembling part was easy just screwed tripod into camera and then 2 legs of the tripod inside a pole and one outside all taped together

Ok then switched on the video on the camera and raised the poles to gutter height over 35 ft+ above ground level. Then did a video before clean to see if it needed doing and another video after cleaning. Not much control holding a section of poles that height. One unexpected problem was how far over the gutter the tiles were, didn't leave much room to get vacuum nozzle into

Didn't really need it but now I had all the gear out I might a well do a clean.
Transferred the videos from memory card to computer

Right now got the 2 videos on the computer and added them to the Adobe video editing suite

Next was in Adobe premiere Elements 14 to cut off the start/ends of both videos, one at a time as they only showed the camera being raised and lowered. Getting them then on to video and sound tracks in Adobe one on one video/sound track and one on another video/sound track was the next task

Ok now both on Adobe so next was to remove the sound track on both ,not hard.
The tricky bit was joining both the video tracks together. Not a spot on join but as I said this is a first time trial for me
Now both videos joined time to add music again not hard,

I want next to try and steady the videos a bit (if possible) and fade in the music at the start and fade out at the end, but I won't be showing that on here

So as I have tried to explain the process to get them as far as you can see in the above video. Bit more to it than one thinks.
At least this is the second time of cleaning the house gutters
and saved myself about £150 so far by not having some in to do it, so not long before my Skyvac pays for itself.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top