Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 09:36 PM

Laid back

What constitutes being relaxed to you? To me it means I can do what I want when I want - kinda what I'm doing now as in listening to loud music and getting tipsy without a care in the world. Bliss. How many never experience this nirvana being too tangled up in life's complications?
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 09:37 PM

Re: Laid back

Come to the Isle of Wight - they are so laid back, they are horizontal.....
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Come to the Isle of Wight - they are so laid back, they are horizontal.....
Even the cops...they seem to change as soon as they get off the ferry

I must admit to being a bit too laid back, at times.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
What constitutes being relaxed to you? To me it means I can do what I want when I want - kinda what I'm doing now as in listening to loud music and getting tipsy without a care in the world. Bliss. How many never experience this nirvana being too tangled up in life's complications?

Ooh no Mark, not for me at all.
I don't like anything loud for a start, not loud people, loud music, loud sounds in general.
Just being in and around nature does it for me every time.

Yo really should give Yoga another crack you know, it teaches you how to still the mind and let it regenerate.
I don't mean this unkindly, but I doubt you could do that if your life depended on it.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh no Mark, not for me at all.
I don't like anything loud for a start, not loud people, loud music, loud sounds in general.
Just being in and around nature does it for me every time.

Yo really should give Yoga another crack you know, it teaches you how to still the mind and let it regenerate.
I don't mean this unkindly, but I doubt you could do that if your life depended on it.
You are very critical you know. You do know about ying and yang? They being attracted to each other as they are polar opposites .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
You are very critical you know. You do know about ying and yang? They being attracted to each other as they are polar opposites .

Apologies Mark, I did not mean that as a criticism, more in jest. But never mind.

Don't see what 'opposites attract' has to do with you needing loud music to relax?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 09:51 PM

Retirement every time, never been so happy and relaxed. Working for BT eventually was a nightmare when it went private the pressure was terrible, no time allowed to do a job. After owning kennels for some time the megraine attacks stopped against having them every evening while at BT..
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

13-05-2017, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Apologies Mark, I did not mean that as a criticism, more in jest. But never mind.

Don't see what 'opposites attract' has to do with you needing loud music to relax?
I think the 'yang' is heavy with you so this confusion is understandable - to yings that is .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Retirement every time, never been so happy and relaxed. Working for BT eventually was a nightmare when it went private the pressure was terrible, no time allowed to do a job. After owning kennels for some time the megraine attacks stopped against having them every evening while at BT..
My uncle worked for The GPO/BT and was one of the top kiddies that went to Iran in the 80s....some big contract they had.

Sir George jefferson was CEO at the time.

He retired cos of stress.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

13-05-2017, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I can well believe it after a few BT technicians visited my house. They appeared to be under considerable stress.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top