Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 07:43 PM

What Would You Choose?

If you were Prime Minister for one day only and able to put two of your Manifesto promises into action. What would you choose?

Mine would be as follows:

1. Make 23rd June a National Holiday every year.

2. Make 2/3rds of the Overseas Aid Budget available for our own struggling citizens here.

What would you choose?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 07:44 PM

Re: What Would You Choose?

stop oversea aide and more into services that need it over here.
We are still giving money to India so they spend it on putting rockets into space
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 07:51 PM

One day? I would love to have complete control FOR EVA .

One day would just destroy me - all that power slipping through my fingers after 24 hours. No, would rather not experience it at all .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 08:28 PM

I agree I would like more than a day but if thats all we have I would scrap the 1% pay rise for nurses they deserve better than that, also I would keep the pensioners triple lock. I know that's two wishes but truly I need a third... I would sack Diane Abbott, I know I'm a mean person but I would just have to do that.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 08:35 PM

Stop all foreign aid for at least five years - longer if the country hasn't reduced its borrowing to reasonable levels. Only reinstate foreign aid to those in dire need so the likes of India, Pakistan, Nigeria, North Korea (if you please) are excluded. Cut ties with Saudi Arabia until such time they they increase rights to their women and stop abusing foreign nationals from poor countries going there to work.

And finally, outlaw FIFA - more corrupt than the EU and that's saying summat.

I know that's three but what can you do?

Hi Summer.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 09:47 AM

1. Sweep away the House of Lords and replace with directly elected assembly'

2. Sweep away the monarchy and replace with a directly elected President.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 09:53 AM

1. Stop all foreign Aid.

2. Make breaking election promises a criminal offence.

If I could have a third choice, I would employ all the lovely ladies from OFF and we could sit around for the rest of the day having tea and cakes
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 10:04 AM

Hello to you too Judd

Yes I agree I will forfeit sacking Diane Abbott for ceasing foreign aid especially to India.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 10:35 AM

This thread reminds me of the Miss World Contest where the beauty queen would utter some syrupy reply, followed by a Marilyn Monroe type giggle!

I would definitely put more funding into Education, especially in primary schools.
Keep some of the overseas aid money for our people, afterall, charity begins at home!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
If you were Prime Minister for one day only and able to put two of your Manifesto promises into action. What would you choose?

Mine would be as follows:

1. Make 23rd June a National Holiday every year.

2. Make 2/3rds of the Overseas Aid Budget available for our own struggling citizens here.

What would you choose?
What is special about June 23rd?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top