Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 03:05 PM

I`m scared

I do not mind admitting it. I was having a `man chat` with Alistair(the guy who helps me with the garden) this morning.

I cannot see me falling for another woman ever. But I`m terrified. I`ve been on my own for a while now and never had children.

My lady and her youngest are welcome here but so much to sort out-not only finding space but also that `first argument` and what if said youngest finds a boy friend I do not approve of??

Just for once I`m not joking.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 03:11 PM

Re: I`m scared

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I do not mind admitting it. I was having a `man chat` with Alistair(the guy who helps me with the garden) this morning.

I cannot see me falling for another woman ever. But I`m terrified. I`ve been on my own for a while now and never had children.

My lady and her youngest are welcome here but so much to sort out-not only finding space but also that `first argument` and what if said youngest finds a boy friend I do not approve of??

Just for once I`m not joking.
Arguments happen as we adjust to one another and, yes, they can be mortifying.

As for the youngest finding someone unsuitable, then just try to 'go with it'.

The main thing is to be relaxed and not project. Projecting is invariably negative (I find) and definitely pointless.

Sadly it seems to be part of the human condition.

Going with the flow and taking a laid-back attitude may not be easy, but that's the way to do it
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 03:40 PM

What if what if...

What if you are so scared you cut yourself off and deny yourself this chance?
Arguments happen and in the best of households the 'unsuitable' friend or lover will raise their ugly head from time to time, its part of life.

Its best to go with your heart and enjoy day to day , take problems as they come (if they come) and try not to worry too much.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 03:44 PM

I'd be sacred too Stephan been on my own too long I guess and used to having things done my way.
Couldn't share my house with anyone , I would be putting poison in their porridge after a week .

'Visiting' when everyone is on their best behaviour is one thing, cohabiting is a whole different ball game.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 03:47 PM

Thanks-I think I just wanted my hand held.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 04:19 PM

If I were in your shoes OG I think I would be very careful. Is there any problem in keeping things as they are? You can have a loving and sincere relationship with someone without going the whole way. Sometimes this is the ideal for everybody - including the children of the other party. You cannot expect to become their father, especially with teenagers. Things don't always have to be the traditional family unit. As I see things, there is a lot to be said for standing back a bit and letting time take it's course. I assume you both have homes of your own and there is no urgency. Better the devil you know ...... as the saying goes. There are worse things than staying your own man and not getting tied down. I don't mean to be intrusive, but can I ask if you are hoping to have a child of your own with this lady? Why make yourself responsible and vulnerable when you don't have to? You have said that you cannot see yourself falling for another woman, so why take on the commitment Sorry perhaps I should not have replied to such a personal thing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 04:20 PM

We've had the unsuitable suitor before our way was to just be here when it went wrong, trust them to sort it out. As for arguments they happen in best of homes. It's how you argue that makes or breaks a relationship.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
If I were in your shoes OG I think I would be very careful. Is there any problem in keeping things as they are? You can have a loving and sincere relationship with someone without going the whole way. Sometimes this is the ideal for everybody - including the children of the other party. You cannot expect to become their father, especially with teenagers. Things don't always have to be the traditional family unit. As I see things, there is a lot to be said for standing back a bit and letting time take it's course. I assume you both have homes of your own and there is no urgency. Better the devil you know ...... as the saying goes. There are worse things than staying your own man and not getting tied down. I don't mean to be intrusive, but can I ask if you are hoping to have a child of your own with this lady?
Very sound advice and I do agree.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 04:41 PM

I agree with Aerolor too, good advice.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 04:43 PM

Seconded .
It's hard enough being a natural parent to teenagers much less when they are in a new environment with a new adult authority figure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top