Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 02:35 PM

Norwich/Norfolk

Does anyone on here live in Norfolk please?

We were thinking of moving one day and thought about Norfolk, have seen a Thatched Cottage in Bressingham, can anyone tell me what its like there and how good the train service is and how long by car would it take to get into Chelmsford.

Thank you.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 02:38 PM

Re: Norwich/Norfolk

We lived in Cambridgeshire in the 80s and visited Norfolk from time to time, the flatness of the county doesn't make it attractive to me. I like where we live now as we can see the mountains in the distance.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 02:44 PM

Why Norfolk Susie like Tara I don't like flat landscapes and must have hills and it wouldn't be my choice so I am no help to you.

Sorry Norfolk folk ...
My husband's Uncle married a Norfolk woman and although she was ok her accent really grated on me, I couldn't live with it all around me .
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 02:53 PM

Norfolk is best visited.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 03:32 PM

Cheekey sods leave Norfolk alone!!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Cheekey sods leave Norfolk alone!!
We do. Apart from when we visit. Great for bird watching(not my thing but yes it`s something) and crabs,and the samphire.

Never tried a Norfolk Broad
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 03:44 PM

A great man came from Norfolk in fact the greatest NELSON stick that in your pipe and smoke it
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

11-05-2017, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
A great man came from Norfolk in fact the greatest NELSON stick that in your pipe and smoke it
I know,I know-I do live just the other side of the border.
Enya
Suffolk
Enya is female  Enya has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Does anyone on here live in Norfolk please?

We were thinking of moving one day and thought about Norfolk, have seen a Thatched Cottage in Bressingham, can anyone tell me what its like there and how good the train service is and how long by car would it take to get into Chelmsford.

Thank you.
Bressingham is quite nice, near bressingham steam and garden, also banham zoo, couple of restaurants, not sure about shops but it's not far from diss. Diss is the nearest train station which is on the great eastern main line. Journey to chelmsford would probably be across to Ipswich and down the a12, I'd say about 1 to 1 and a half hours, depending on the traffic, and the A12 isn't very often accident free.
Good luck in your search
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 05:59 PM

I lived just outside of Norwich for a while and can honestly say, it is a magnificent city.

I have also visited Bressingham, but that was some considerable years past.

I hope, if you do decide to move in that direction, you find what you are looking for and enjoy your new environment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top