Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 06:02 AM

Crazy Buys...are you guilty of?

Have you ever bought anything and afterwards thought "what the hell was I thinking about"?

Last night I was looking for an old Zippo lighter I'd not seen for yonks when I found a mobile phone I bought back in 2006 when I was young and impulsive.

The Nokia 8800 was regarded, and still is, as one of the best phones ever made.

The 18k gold plated version was the most expensive Nokia ever(at that time).

And this d***head bought one....there's no accounting for taste.

I cannot believe I was that impulsive and stooooopid(as Judge Rhinder would say).

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 06:21 AM

Re: Crazy Buys...are you guilty of?

Hi

Yes, but I do not have to hunt for mine.

It is sitting in the garage, a huge aquarium, the glass alone weighs over 300 kilos, it is on a 1metre high stand and you need steps to feed the fish.

I have no idea at all how I will get it into a new smaller house, but loathe to part with it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 06:21 AM

Ewwww! I am not particularly fond of blingy things, but yes, I've been guilty of impulsive buys.

Years and years ago at the Ideal Home Show I bought a play card organ which I bought home with me. It was as it said, you swiped a card along a slot, and the thing played by itself! You could of course play along with it, as it was a way of teaching. Can't remember how I got rid of it.

Another buy at the IHS was a foot and leg massager. It had to come from Singapore. Did I use it much? No, it was too painful and eventually I gave it away on Freecycle. A bloke took it for his wife, who apparently did running and needed something to help massage her legs afterwards. I was glad to see the back of it, as it was extremely heavy, bulky and filled up floor space.

I now don't buy anything at these places, just admire, and then walk away.

I've bought other mobiles in the past, that turned out to be not quite a good buy. One was called a San Francisco, and it ate credit at such a rate I decided not to bother using or topping it up anymore.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Ewwww! I am not particularly fond of blingy things
I know....embarrassingly chavy/tacky.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 07:39 AM

I'd say brass goggles but, I don't think they're crazy.
I bought an Empress of Racknos action figure, but I did turn it into a hat, so no...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 08:18 AM

I keep buying new cars, and giving the previous one to whichever of my children want it. However, this year they have my arm up my back not to buy one!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 08:46 AM

No, I never had the money for 'crazy buys' . I always think hard before buying anything and ask myself do I really need it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 08:52 AM

I once took my car in for repair and was quoted £700, so I bought a new one...... on credit¬ Ouch¬
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 08:57 AM

I've always tended to collect animals more than blingy things, been the same all my life.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 09:47 AM

Kitchen appliances but it's rarely me, my husband had time at home when he had his knee replacement and I worried every morning the postman knocked the door what shopping channel he had been watching the evening before !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top