Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2017, 08:11 PM

Do you think the Queen will follow Phil into retirement

I am just wondering TBH, could be .
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2017, 08:14 PM

Re: Do you think the Queen will follow Phil into retirement

I dont think so ,she said she never would,but I believe she is cutting back . I did hear that Prince Andrew will now accompany her on her duties [heaven forbid] 1 way of keeping him occupied
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2017, 08:20 PM

Stone me , that Ass---e. Saints preserve us.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2017, 11:21 PM

Trouble is, sometimes it seems the Queen and Prince Philip have been around forever, we've got used to them being there since childhood for a lot of us, and like lots of things that are always there - we take them for granted and tend to forget how old they are now.

I don't blame Philip at all for wanting to retire. Better that then showing increasing forgetfulness, weakness and ill health publicly surely. He said he is unable to stand too long anymore for one thing, so why should he have to keep going if he is in pain.
Would we want to embarrass ourselves in public - I very much doubt it.
And as I said earlier, blowed if I'd want to be forced to work at 95 - would you?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

06-05-2017, 07:10 AM

Most certainly not Mups, the very thought . Phew.
smile
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 07:20 AM

Didn't Charles scale back the Royal Family, leaving out Andrew? So wonder how he now feels about being considered again? I personally think he's an arrogant waste of space, and glad he's nowhere in the top of the heirs list anymore.

Mups, again, I agree with all you say. We are so used to having them around, it'd be so strange when they're not. She always primised she'd never abdicate and, bless her, so far she's kept that promise. but is it cruel of us to expect her to carry on and on until death??
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 07:43 AM

I don't think the Queen will retire. Her sense of duty is strong - unless of course some dreadful illness befalls her..
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 08:07 AM

I think that, as long as the queen is able to continue, she will! For most of her adult life, she has been our Monarch and I, for one, would really miss her wonderful dedication to the job.
I think it is great that they are now reducing her workload but, as long as she lives, I will always think of her as the queen of this country... whether she retires or not,
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 08:13 AM

How much royal stuff does the Queen do now ?
She is getting on and has so many heirs who can do it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
How many Royal things does the Queen do a year
Well I don't keep her diary Muddy, but when she was a bit younger she did a lot. For many people it seems like an easy job, but it certainly isn't. I wonder how many of us would cope with having to be polite to people we couldn't stand, attending functions when we would rather put our feet up in front of the TV and having the press constantly watching for any mistakes we make.
I wouldn't have her job for 10 times the money she may get from it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top