Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 10:12 AM

Have you voted yet?

Sue and I have just got back from our local polling station. There were a few people in there voting but by no means crowds.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 10:16 AM

Re: Have you voted yet?

Yes I was there at 7am this morning.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 10:20 AM

None of the 4 candidates from our Mayoral election have bothered to even send out a single leaflet through the door never mind any canvassing. I will not be voting in this or the coming general election the dissconnect with the public added to the attempt to overturn the democratic voter on Europe have left me devoid of any feelings of civic duty.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 10:25 AM

We get a postal vote so voted 2 weeks ago.

Nom, if you don't bother to vote then don't bother complaining about your lot, it's our only chance to have a real say about things even if they don't pay much notice.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 10:32 AM

Hi

Yes, voted Independent.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We get a postal vote so voted 2 weeks ago.

Nom, if you don't bother to vote then don't bother complaining about your lot, it's our only chance to have a real say about things even if they don't pay much notice.
Who are my lot?, where have i complained. I gave my reasons for not voting i will not be alone in this. If anyone puts up a genuine reason for me to vote i will.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
None of the 4 candidates from our Mayoral election have bothered to even send out a single leaflet through the door never mind any canvassing. I will not be voting in this or the coming general election the dissconnect with the public added to the attempt to overturn the democratic voter on Europe have left me devoid of any feelings of civic duty.
I know what you mean Nom, and Mrs Fox is despondent too, say's she is not going to bother voting because Labour will get their Mayoral Candidate elected whatever.
And it is exactly this way of thinking that allows Labour in.....

So as soon as I have recovered from this mornings run, I shall have a walk round to the polling station and stick a big fat cross in the box representing the UKIP bloke. My second choice will be for the Independent chap.....Since they ask for a second choice I'll give em' one....

PS:- I predict a poor turn out, round here anyway....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 10:41 AM

Hi

Where I live it is solid Tory.

The thing is, as soon as the Election is over, we never hear from him again.

He lives in isolated splendour on a huge farm.

The Independent candidate helps his partner run the village Post Office, so no escape for him if we need to complain about anything.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 10:49 AM

I shall probably vote for the UKIP chap

He won't win of course but .....
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 10:53 AM

Yes we voted by postal vote a couple of weeks ago as we wouldn't be able to go on the day .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top