Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 08:07 AM

Fridyay is here

Good Morning everyone.

A day of leisure is planned.

Insulation box to make for the outside water tap, it keeps freezing up.

Top of one of the bird baths to remove and repair, the ice has got to some on the slate and cracked it.

Study to tidy and clean along with the computer hard drives to clean out.

Did I say Leisure? that comes after the work.

The Odds are shortening by the day:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtuHB5Cwn_w&feature=fvst

May I ask everyone to spare a short tome for your thoguhts and prayers for Alicat and her family's loss please

Have a great day everyone and get ready for the week-end which is about to hit us.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 10:06 AM

Re: Fridyay is here

Good Morning AB and Everyone and hope you all enjoy your Friday, no matter what the weather is like.

Thanks for the link, AB, unfortunately, my speakers are still not working! I have White Christmas sung by Bing Crosby on a record though.

The snow is still falling as I type but it is micro flakes! Hope they melt the iced up pavements! Bad marks to the council for not gritting our pavements - the roads are not much better!

Take care all and stay safe.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 01:31 PM

Good morning all! We're supposed to has as close to a dry day as we've had in weeks. The temps are back up into the 40s with lows in the mid-30s so there's no frozen stuff.

No plans today so I may just slum around. This year seems to be flying away as we rush toward Christmas & New Years.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 03:22 PM

Cold here but no snow so that's a blessing!

Have been to the Freezer Centre this morning to stock up on nibbles for over the Christmas period. The store appeared to be doing a roaring trade today, I suppose that's what we'll have to battle with now in all the shops for the next few weeks

Stay warm and safe all!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 03:47 PM

Cold, cold ,cold, I have been working outside for 4 hrs ( apart from 2 coffee breaks) and I know what an icicle feels like all of the time.

Still, repairs done, birds happy to be able to bath and drink again, outside tap is now snuggled up in a box with thermal insulation for company.

Where's that Brandy bottle.

Love the picture Mags.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 05:45 PM

Hi all. I feel rather foolish complaining about the weather compared to what you all are having; sunny but 3 C (36 F), so very unseasonably cold for us effete Easterners. The meteorologista re saying it's late January weather; so cold so early in the season after the lovely warm Summer. Just back from the market (in layers!), shopped enough that I won't have to go out in the cold until Monday or Tuesday. Carolyn is coming over this afternoon to help me connect the new phone to the computer.

Stay warm, dry and upright, please, all!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 10:35 PM

Due to weather conditions decided today was the day for doing nothing, that was till the phone rang and my very good friend asked if I wanted to go walking round the reservoirs with the dogs-I jumped at the chance. It was bitterly cold but enjoyable- you'd have thought the dogs have never been out for a month-went crazy in the snow! After dinner, went to do weekly shop instead of tomorrow....was surprised at how few people were in the supermarket-will probably all be in tomorrow........
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 11:14 PM

It always surprises me how much dogs like playing in the snow, merz. Glad you got your shop done, probably a madhouse at the market tomorrow; I did mine today also.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
It always surprises me how much dogs like playing in the snow, merz. Glad you got your shop done, probably a madhouse at the market tomorrow; I did mine today also.
You would think they would hate the cold snow on their paws-don't seem to feel it though.

Was determined to do mine today Dandysmom-we can both relax now and let the others get on with it
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

03-12-2010, 11:28 PM

It's the rare cat that will go out in the snow ... none of mine ever would. I don't have to go out now till Monday or possibly Tuesday; stay inside and warm.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top