Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 09:03 AM

Morning all

It's not bad here this morning, not much wind and it's fairly dry at the moment.

At last, they got the forecast wrong.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 10:27 AM

Re: Morning all

Morning Nero - hi everyone!
Quiet here this morning - everyone doing their weekend chores I suspect. It's reasonable here - bits of sun and bits of dullness. I've been to town and got weekend supplies, taken the dog out and am now contemplating whether it's a good day to wash bedding or not. May have to give that further thought.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 11:57 AM

Morning all,
The doggies have had thier runs, now I am trying to find some enthusiasm to tackle this mess thats mean't to be my home. Ithink someone has stolen all the enthusiasm though as I can't find any anywhere.
Have a good day everyone and if your bored my house needs cleaning and decorating
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 12:16 PM

Hi folks!

The morning started off sunny but the dark clouds have now reached us.
I've just returned from the garden centre with a few trays of pansies for the baskets........ hope the rain stays off until I get them planted later.
I also bought some Orchid compost so I'll have a go at repotting mine sometime.

Hope everyone has a good day!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 01:12 PM

Afternoon everybody

It was lovely and sunny but now it has clouded over a bit and is quite cool.
I have actually run the hoover round not the whole house though! It's my weekend off, I usually work Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday.

I have been trying to organise myself for a trip to Guernsey which is still in the planning stage to do a bit of research on my family history. The dogs haven't been out yet today but I am thinking of taking them out in two goes and doing a bit of bike work with them.

I have also been struggling with avatars, no success as yet, I can't remember how I have acheived this on the other two forums!

Have a good afternoon
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 01:24 PM

Not a good day
My phone line has a fault so I can't ring anyone,
I needed to go to the shops and decided to pump my car tyres up first but the pump isn't working properly and kept coming off the tyre valve and letting the air out , so now I have one rather flat tyre
Went to Halfords to buy another pump and a bulb for my torch which I need on the nightly slug collections, they don't have a bulb in stock for the torch
I ate too many damsons yesterday and have 'a funny tummy'
The sun has gone and it is quite cold now,
..I may go back to bed and start the day again..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Not a good day
My phone line has a fault so I can't ring anyone,
I needed to go to the shops and decided to pump my car tyres up first but the pump isn't working properly and kept coming off the tyre valve and letting the air out , so now I have one rather flat tyre
Went to Halfords to buy another pump and a bulb for my torch which I need on the nightly slug collections, they don't have a bulb in stock for the torch
I ate too many damsons yesterday and have 'a funny tummy'
The sun has gone and it is quite cold now,
..I may go back to bed and start the day again..
Sounds like a disastrous day so far Meg, let's hope it improves for you soon
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
It's not bad here this morning, not much wind and it's fairly dry at the moment.

At last, they got the forecast wrong.
I spoke too soon they did get it right, what a day, howling gales and intermittent rain, . . sod it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 10:42 PM

Poor Meg, not a good day!

Glorious weather here, cloudless skies and warming up to 28C. Went to the farmers market this morning; got some nice locally grown Macintosh apples and had to buy tomatoes as mine seem to have the blight and aren't bearing now....

Moetmum, re avatars: is your pic on your computer, the one you want to use? If you go here to User Control and select Edit Avatar, then click on Browse and choose the pic that should do it. I'm assuming it works the same for a PC as my Mac. Good luck!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Poor Meg, not a good day!

Glorious weather here, cloudless skies and warming up to 28C. Went to the farmers market this morning; got some nice locally grown Macintosh apples and had to by tomatoes as mine seem to have the blight and aren't bearing now....

Moetmum, re avatars: is your pic on your computer, the one you want to use? If you go here to User Control and select Edit Avatar, then click on Browse and choose the pic that should do it. I'm assuming it works the same for a PC as my Mac. Good luck!

Thank you DM. I was trying from photobucket on my pc rather than my mac, it just comes up as invalid file, I have tried altering sizes etc in case it was too big. Will try again tomorrow maybe. I am not very good with computers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top