Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
wild Fleur
New Member!
Normandy France
wild Fleur is female 

02-12-2010, 04:39 PM

Bonjour. We have our share of snow.

Bonjour,
After living in France for eight years now this is the first time I have seen snow so early in the winter. The French in this area are all staying at home, nothing is moving on the road outside my house. The farmers are out on their tractors.
Yesterday was the first time ever I have seen a gritter here, and had to take a second look. Most of the houses have shutters and we keep them closed most of the day except the rooms we are working in. I must admitt to being slightly claustrophobic shutting out the day light.
When I bought this house it was an advantage to have central heating.But the french have no time control on their systems. I no longer use the system because it has become too expensive. So I have two wood burners, one each end of the house. Living on my own I sometimes find the work invloved fueling these fires very hard. But they do a good job and well worth the effort. By the way I don't get my winter fuel allowance because I moved here only 6 weeks before my 60th birthday.I'm not complaining,I'm warm and snug.Time to give the hens their tea.Au revoir
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 08:09 PM

Re: Bonjour. We have our share of snow.

Bonsoir wildFleur!

Nice to meet you - I hope you enjoy the forum!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 08:09 PM

Bonjour Marilyn

I could do with a wood burner right now

Look forward to seeing photos of your area, I bet it's pretty right now
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 09:14 PM

Hello Wildfleur, I find all the people here friendly and helpful, welcome.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 10:37 PM

Hello Wildfleur nice to meet you-hope you enjoy the forum
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 11:26 PM

Bienvenue, wildFleur! I too hope you enjoy it here.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by wild Fleur ->
Bonjour,
By the way I don't get my winter fuel allowance because I moved here only 6 weeks before my 60th birthday.

You are entitled to it but you would have to claim it.

People who retired to Spain and France receive it and I did read that one person in Australia also gets it.

Try this link.

http://www.retirementexpert.co.uk/wi...ng-abroad.html
wild Fleur
New Member!
Normandy France
wild Fleur is female 

03-12-2010, 03:03 PM

Checked again with the DHP and thing havn't changed. You have to "export " your fuel allowance. Because I left the UK before my 60th birthday I lost my entitlement. Makes no difference I paid my FULL insurance stamp all my working life some 39 years.
Merci
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 03:42 PM

Hello wild Fleur, I would just love to follow my dream as you have Welcome to the forum.
Mary
wild Fleur
New Member!
Normandy France
wild Fleur is female 

03-12-2010, 08:29 PM

Hi Mary,
I looked after my husband for five years before he died and when I found myself alone..... I decided to run away and start a new life. At times it's hard, but I'm glad I did it.
regards Marilyn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top