Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 08:31 AM

Thursday NOT Friday

Good morning everyone

Two days to week-end for those waiting for it. Every day is week-end when your retired.

Not a lot planned for today, trip to town, trip for lunch trip to the reclining chair to relax and enjoy a nice large Brandy.

Have a wonderful day everyone and remember, A smile, A thank you and a Hug costs nothing.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 09:54 AM

Re: Thursday NOT Friday

Good Morning AB and Everyone

Still snowing up here and never got out yesterday except down to the back garden with Loki for a stretch for her! It is bad underfoot for walking - stupid gritters came out 3 times yesterday for the roads but the pavements are left! Think I will invest in a pair of skis! Will be calling the gritters later on and asking (no, telling) them to come out and do something with the pavements!

Hope you all are safe and well today and enjoy your day, whatever you do! AB has the right idea - so enjoy yer wee brandy, AB

Take care all
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 01:41 PM

Good morning all. No snow to report here. When it does snow only the main highways are plowed, leaving the side streets and parking lots treacherous. We are left to shovel our own sidewalks. Everything is a hill here also so walking is risky at best.

It's been exactly 4 months now since retirement. Every day is a holiday with no alarm clocks set. I continue to get up at 4 in the morning, going through my little routine to shower & shave so I can look pretty for...... . I'm planning a trip to McDonald's this morning just to get some human contact and share a few photos I've taken & processed.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 01:49 PM

Is it really just four months since you retired Bob? You have packed so much into that short time, good for you.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Is it really just four months since you retired Bob? You have packed so much into that short time, good for you.
I know. That's where the old joke, "I don't know where I ever found time to work!" comes from. My personality keeps me content even if I'm simply warching paint dry.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 02:32 PM

Thursday already?! Have a nice day all
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 03:29 PM

Light snow flurries here, my grandchildren are so disappointed that we aren't having snow like the rest of the country - their daddy bought them a new sledge last winter and they so badly want to try it out..

One good thing about our lack of snow is our hospitals are not inundated with broken bones this year.

Take care, stay safe and stay warm all ......
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 04:48 PM

Feeling well fed, rested with a warm glow emanating, must be the Brandy, and the sound of festive music coming from my computer.

Bliss.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 05:34 PM

Brrr! Coldest day of the season so far; not awful compared to what some of you have been having, but not nice! Only 2 C (35 F); cloudy, really feel it after the above normal Summer. This cold is supposed to stick around for a week... Only out to rescue the paper and will stay inside and warm the rest of the day, I really am a wimp about cold weather. The City's big leaf machine is out vacuuming up all the fallen leaves, very noisy!

Re gritting and pavements: here it's the homeowners/businessowners responsibility to clear the sidewalks ... a law observed more in the breach than the observance! Too many people don't and walking is very treacherous sometimes.

Enjoy the brandy, AB!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 11:02 PM

Pleased you're still enjoying retirement Bob.....

Managed to go for another walk along canal this morning, then few jobs after. Went round the reservoirs again this afternoon, courtesy of my friend!

Gritters don't do any side roads here at all, only main roads. At top of my street there is a grit bin which the Council filled about 3 weeks ago. Two problems-number one is, to get to the bin we have to walk up-hill on icy pavements/road, with a shovel then throw it on the road, and number 2 is the majority of my neighbours are aged 75+ and are not going to risk falling, and I don't blame them. We have asked the Council to come and grit but all we get is there is a grit bin provided and we have to use that-very helpful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top