Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 05:51 PM

Preaching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5evsxRdkJw

I am polite to JW,I had an uncle who was a Baptist minister,another who was a Methodist Chapel warden. My lady prays for my soul.

But I like it this way
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 05:59 PM

Re: Preaching

I don't hold with any preaching - hell fire & brimstone or otherwise - anyone who knocks on my door prosetilising whichever religion they belong to - gets very short shrift from me!!!
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 09:50 AM

I always politely say ‘No thank you’ and they usually look relieved and go on to the next house.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 11:01 AM

If I've plenty of time I like to have a chat with them and try to understand what makes them so loyal to their religion.
I think they mean well, and if I'm ever rude or short with them I regret it later.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 12:35 PM

I'm never rude to JW s , but I tell them of my beliefs and they listen . I had relatives who were in the faith , born into it , each one left and it caused tremendous situations in the family , mother not allowed to talk to daughters , sisters not allowed to talk to siblings , lifelong friends walked away from them forever . The kids were in their 20s when they left the faith and they were very messed up because of it . The faith encourages marriage within the faith , they do look after their own very well , but if you break the rules then your out casted with a vengeance . The witnesses told me that is their way , by dissociation they hope the wayward ones will return .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I'm never rude to JW s , but I tell them of my beliefs and they listen . I had relatives who were in the faith , born into it , each one left and it caused tremendous situations in the family , mother not allowed to talk to daughters , sisters not allowed to talk to siblings , lifelong friends walked away from them forever . The kids were in their 20s when they left the faith and they were very messed up because of it . The faith encourages marriage within the faith , they do look after their own very well , but if you break the rules then your out casted with a vengeance . The witnesses told me that is their way , by dissociation they hope the wayward ones will return .
I think that is awful! I am always polite to JWs and they all seem like nice people, but any religion that forces you to desert your family is wrong. Any religion must always be the free choice of the participant and, anybody who thinks otherwise, is a fool not to realize that the religion is not a faith but a means to control others lives.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 12:50 PM

Odd people the JW, they always thank me for actually opening the door to them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 01:02 PM

I often wonder why you never encounter a Lone JW? Never met an unpleasant pair though.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 08:48 PM

Question I always ask is: ther are so many different religious beliefs in the world, which is the true one. Every believer thinks theirs is the right one.

Remember think about the wars created over religion.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top