Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 12:58 PM

If you could/have moved - where/why/what did you think?

There's also a similar thread for expats here
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 08:15 AM

Re: If you could/have moved - where/why/what did you think?

I live half way up a hill. At the bottom of the hill (and round the corner) I have a busy shopping street - there is a large Co-op store, an Aldi, an Iceland store, a Boots Chemist, my Doctor's surgery, a couple of Pound stores, a (new) chinese restaurant - everything is all within about 10 minutes walk (at my speed) - probably much less for anyone with reasonable health. What more could I need???
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 08:22 AM

I hate the M20 with a passion! The reason is that 90% of the huge articulated lorries are driven by foreign drivers. Many of them have driven for hundreds of miles before driving off the ferry and many of them, i'm guessing by the way they can be seen drifting out of the lane, have had very little sleep while others are holding long conversations on their mobiles. Love the area though!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 08:39 AM

It's OK-ish where I am, been here for 9 years. I am on the outskirts of a small town, I wouldn't want to be any closer though.
I love village life, and miss it alot, there is a peace about the countryside that I don't find anywhere else, but property prices at the time didn't allow me to be where I really wanted.

If I wasn't in a village again, I would probably want to be a lot nearer the coast than I am now. In fact, now I think about it, a village near the coast would be perfect.
I always used to want to live in Cornwall, but never made it.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 01:52 PM

I'm moving to Spain....to get away from immigrants.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 01:58 PM

We would have gone to Scotland if we hadn't had ties here, we still might one day I like to think.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 03:42 PM

There are two cottages on the social housing exchange site I belong to.
One has views of the Isle of Mull and the other is up in the north of Scotland somewhere I can't remember. Both have no neighbours and lots of wildlife and beautiful views.
I would love to exchange with one of those but the nearest GPs are over a hundred miles away as are the dentists and hospitals, you'd be dead before you got there I think!
Lots of lovely places to move to but no one wants to swap for here!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 06:15 PM

If I could have my time again..

I wouldnt buy a house at all I would get myself a proper RV and go travelling.. Stuff the rule book and the tax man. Never mind convention and social stuffy what might the neighbours think..

Hit the open road and enjoy the world..
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 07:43 PM

That would suit my son Tess A,he would like to move to Scotland,but he still lives with me and I have to think about G.Ps/Drs/ Public Transport etc.When my husband was alive we said we would love o move to the Ise of Wight,but never did
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 07:54 PM

Moved here 32 years ago , half mile from a beautiful sandy beach , one of the best in Britain . Children grew up here and now bring their children here . Life is slower than towns and cities , I like it this way . Drivers say Thankyou when you give way . Im happy with this way of life , I don't like the speed of cities , I can't keep up with it . I'll see my time out here and feel lucky .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top