Join for free
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 03:59 PM

Their special odd thing?

All my dogs have been different but they have all had their special odd behaviour.

Our battersea rescue Sheba never ate dog biscuits not once her whole life , she just refused to eat them.
Then Max our bouvier who used to sleep upside down.
Oscar my border colie would hardly ever bark but he howled at emergency vehicles, it was a long whine that grew into a howl and made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

Benny the beagle who I often described as autistic, had loads of oddities but one was that he would only play with a ball inside the house , it had to be a soft latex ball no one else had touched and there wasnt allowed to be anyone else but him and me in the room or else the game was off.

Remy my velcro dog a JRT mix was like velcro he stuck to me and would wait to be asked if he wanted mummy cuddles before jumping up laying his head on my cheast and givcing a huge sigh before going to sleep on me. He never did this with anyone else.

Now its Murphys turn and one thing we have noticed is that he likes to be brushed ....but he likes us to brush him while he eats!
He will eat half his food then wander out into the room and look back at the kitchen if I then pick up his hairbrush he will go back to the kitchen and slowly eat while I gently brush him. Its not every day but a couple of times a week.

I dont know why , comfort or relaxation I dont really care if he enjoys it Im happy to do it for him.

So is it just me or do your pets have a special odd thing ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 04:14 PM

Re: Their special odd thing?

Elsie Labrador should be a retriever but after chasing a ball and it has to be a bright orange plastic one she just takes it away and hides it. When walking on lead she's like a train engine pulling but let her off lead and she sticks like glue to side of your leg leaning as she walks.

Betty chihuahua will only travel in the car if she is cuddled up to a big fluffy stuffed rabbit, I bought it after late Mollie died to try and console her in the car but she is completely addicted to it now. Also she hates gravy if her food has any gravy or jelly she won't touch it. Dry and she loves it. Oh and she won't eat out of anything shiny it has to be a pink plastic cat bowl or a saucer from my best tea set.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 04:27 PM

Coco when she was a kitten used to steal Tools, anything that was stainless steel, Spanners, Screwdrivers, Tweezer etc. and used to hide them under our bed.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 04:36 PM

My friends GSD was lovely with the kids, but she used to collect all their cuddly toys & place them in her basket & guard them, not aggressively, just said they were hers. If one was removed she'd wait til it was dis-guarded then put it back.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 06:13 PM

When our doorbell rings, Tirzah runs to see who it is but Olivia runs up the stairs.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 06:15 PM

They all sound wonderful..

I think with all those individual likes and dislikes anyone who says a dog (or cat) is just a dog needs their head examined.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
They all sound wonderful..

I think with all those individual likes and dislikes anyone who says a dog (or cat) is just a dog needs their head examined.
I have had a total of eight cats and they have all had different characteristics.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top