Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 09:39 AM

We must keep in touch

When ever I hear those words my heart sinks I know doesn't matter how many times I give the person saying that, my phone number or email address they have no real intention of using it.

I don't do it myself if I have no intention of keeping in touch so I don't understand why others do.

Are you a I'll take the number and no intention of using it person or do you have good intentions or are you really good at keeping in touch ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 09:45 AM

Re: We must keep in touch

I hope I am fairly good at keeping in touch with those I care about.

Not sure I would tell someone I'd keep in touch if I didn't intend to, I'd rather not say it if I don't mean it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 09:45 AM

I'm afraid I'm guilty of it, and have been on the receiving end of it, too!

Are all our lives so busy that we forget to call these people? Do we let the years lapse and think 'oh it's too late now?' Or do we think 'I'll contact them tomorrow'?

I wish I knew the answer.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 09:54 AM

Oh Julie - you have raised one of my pet hates. It is something I would never do - if I say 'I'll keep in touch' then I do - otherwise why say it?

Then I do keep in touch either by telephone/letter/email or all three - but find I am the only one. My cousin is the classic example - always pleased to hear from me and to chat or email back - but he never initiates the contact even though he says 'Let's keep in touch'. It is all very one sided - and that annoys me as well.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Oh Julie - you have raised one of my pet hates. It is something I would never do - if I say 'I'll keep in touch' then I do - otherwise why say it?

Then I do keep in touch either by telephone/letter/email or all three - but find I am the only one. My cousin is the classic example - always pleased to hear from me and to chat or email back - but he never initiates the contact even though he says 'Let's keep in touch'. It is all very one sided - and that annoys me as well.

Same here Tabby.

BTW, did you find my message?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 09:58 AM

I don't say it now , I will make a note of number if I mean it and then I do make contact but it should be a two way thing . I have let people slip away who don't initiate contact after I have over the years . Many who were in my life have gone and I don't miss them. I have a very small close knit group now and like it that way .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 10:01 AM

Saying, 'Keep in touch', is very insincere!
It's the same when you meet someone and with their face, they go from one side of your face to the other, without touching, saying, 'Mmmmm, Lovely to see you'!
It sounds so false!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Same here Tabby.

BTW, did you find my message?
I did, Mups, reply winging it's way to you !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 10:32 AM

I was going to say I feel better knowing it's not just me but then I thought all you lovely people are suffering the same problem I am and that can't be good
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 11:49 AM

I people say that to me, I just agree and then wait, as after all it wasn"t me who said it.
Proof of the pudding and all that IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top