Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2010, 08:20 AM

Snowy Saturday

Good Morning everyone.

A day of leisure and relaxation is on the cards today. Nothing to do but chill out and listen to some music, read a book, surf the net or sweep the paths clear of snow.

Have a wonderful day everyone and who is it that you need to tell how you feel about them? Another chance may not arrive.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2010, 09:45 AM

Re: Snowy Saturday

Good Morning AB and Everyone and hope you all have a lovely Saturday.

It snowed here during the night, which I detest! Not too deep though so perhaps it will stay like that! Hope you all are not snowed up.

Take care and stay safe.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2010, 10:02 AM

I have no idea what I'm doing sitting here. It's 1 A.M. in the morning & I can't sleep. I know in a few minutes I'll get sleepy again and crawl back in bed. It's been raining forever here. Typical Oregon weather. I just hope everybody who is traveling for the holiday gets back home safe & sound.

It's so miserable outside I keep the blinds closed so I can't see it. I haven't taken more than a half dozen photos with the new camera and that's ok for now. I certainly don't want to get it wet and damage it. It will get used, someday.

Have a good weekend all. I have no plans.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2010, 01:35 PM

Hi everyone

Woke up to a thin covering of snow this morning, I can cope with that but I feel sorry for all those in parts of the country who have had heavy falls.

Staying indoors today, may even start to write my Christmas cards later.

Stay safe, keep warm ..... enjoy your day!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Have a great weekend all - be safe!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2010, 05:50 PM

Brrr! We are very cold, sunny and blustery here today, presently only 4 C (39 F), feels colder with the high winds. Supposedly it made freezing last night, but the water wasn't iced over in my water bucket and the neighbors impatiens didn't succumb, haven't been out back yet to check the basil; those two are really cold-sensitive so I suspect we didn't quite make it here ... the official reading is at the airport. Bundled up in layers and hoodie on the trip to the market and liquor store, glad to be inside and warm, where I plan to stay the rest of the day!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2010, 09:21 PM

Freezing down on the coast, no snow yet. Went to Bowlplex for a couple of games this morning, the grandchildren thrashed me. Got home and opened an email offering 2 for 1 games at Bowlplex - typical. The offer lasts until 12 December so I may use them up for some secret practice!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Freezing down on the coast, no snow yet. Went to Bowlplex for a couple of games this morning, the grandchildren thrashed me. Got home and opened an email offering 2 for 1 games at Bowlplex - typical. The offer lasts until 12 December so I may use them up for some secret practice!
I used to love Ten pin bowling Maryl but the bowling alley closed and I have not been to a new one that has opened close by.

We used to play hit the date.
Whatever date it was you had to get as close to it as you could, you selected which score was used for which part of the date. ie, 27/11/10, bowl and hit 7 pins you had the 7, bowl and hit 2 pins made the 2 and so on. Getting a single pin is hard.
Practice secretly and then challenge them with whoever wins pays for a meal.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2010, 10:15 PM

Thanks for the good ideas AB. This was the first time I'd been for years. We used to write our scores down on slips of paper, now it's all done by a digital touch pad with the scores up on huge screens for the whole place to see!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2010, 10:52 PM

Usual Saturday morning-household jobs and walking. After dinner, went to supermarket for big shop-well stocked up now in case of snow! Absolutely crazy again-more people shopping than last week-suppose that's how its going to be for next few weeks, just couldn't get out fast enough.

Met my friend after and we walked along the canal with the dogs. The canal was frozen solid-I've never seen that before in November. Quite a few ducks strolling along the ice. Thought they were looking for water, so we managed to smash the ice in several places and they all waddled over and jumped in! Pity we forgot the bread, but will take some tomorrow........

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top