Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 11:12 AM

Not a good start

I hate it when things start going wrong as soon as you've got up.
In the bathroom this morning, I noticed there was no hot water for the basin. I went to the kitchen tap - same. Stone cold.
Looked at the boiler and it was off. It had a message on the little screen thing that said F25.
Looked up in all the paperwork what F25 meant, and it means there is no pressure. Sure enough the needle on the pressure gauge with the green dots on it had dropped right off the scale.

Thinking this was going to cost on a Bank Holiday, I phoned the plumber. He tried to talk me through what to do, but I couldn't see the knobs he was talking about, so said I'd get a torch and ring him back.
When I tried to ring him back, I got a message on the phone screen saying my phone was locked! This was my housephone, not my mobile. Then yet another message flashed up saying how to unlock it but it didn't stay on the screen more than one flippin' second so I had to keep getting it back to see what it said before it disappeared again. I was getting more than a little frustrated by then, and needed to talk to the gas man still.

Eventually sorted it, but couldn't budge the knobs the gas man said to turn. In the end he said he would pop round when his wife returned from work as he was kid-sitting at the moment.

Luckily my shower still has hot water, so at least I could get washed alright, and I am boiling kettles for washing up.
I have just put the oven on to bake some dog biscuits and warm the kitchen at the same time.

Hey ho. These things happen I guess . . .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 11:32 AM

Re: Not a good start

There should be a filling loop like this under the boiler( looks like this..)
The black bit opens and shuts the valve.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 11:36 AM

Yes, it is a bit like that Tpin, except the block knobs are little triangles on mine, and the buggers seem seized up, I can't move them at all.
I am also a bit concerned why the pressure suddenly dropped. The needle was well up the green dots about a week ago.

Can you get up and pop round to have a look for me please?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 11:41 AM

I'll just get my physio out of the way and pick the Bat car up and I'll be on my way....tool in hand.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

17-04-2017, 11:42 AM

I've put kettle on
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

17-04-2017, 11:45 AM

Good lass.....and get dressed...those baby dolls drive me wild.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I'll just get my physio out of the way and pick the Bat car up and I'll be on my way....tool in hand.
Are you safe driving one handed?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, it is a bit like that Tpin, except the block knobs are little triangles on mine, and the buggers seem seized up, I can't move them at all.
I am also a bit concerned why the pressure suddenly dropped. The needle was well up the green dots about a week ago.

Can you get up and pop round to have a look for me please?
Are you sure those aren't for isolating the central heating pipes from the boiler? My boiler is an Ideal model like the one in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKlEtlF9HQQ

If this isn't your type of boiler you can look on YouTube to find your particular model and how to re-pressurise it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 12:54 PM

Mups I am not sure you should be associating with Judd and Tpin... they could be a bad influence on you.

I am putting this ad in the paper for you:-

"Attractive lady would like to meet plumber, electrician and Corgi qualified man, good looks and plenty of spare time could be an asset.
In return warm meals will be supplied and the company of my beautiful Bedlington Terriers.

Contact my bodyguard,Twink, for the first interview."

I think that should solve the problems Mups!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

17-04-2017, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Are you safe driving one handed?

Now listen here you lot - how can a simple question like me boiler pressure, divert into such debauchery?
Shame on the both of you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top