Join for free
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 07:01 PM

Argos delivery service

Ordered a rotary dryer for garden yesterday afternoon around 1pm . Did it by phone after trying online and the website had problems . Easy peasy or so it seemed . I got a text from Yodel to say delivery will be today between 7am and 9pm . At 5pm I phoned Argos to chase up delivery to find that my order which was placed at 1pm didn't go through the system till 7 minutes past midnight , consequently the delivery will now come tomorrow , so again got to wait in till 9pm . I had arranged for a chap to come and cement dryer in tomorrow so have had to rearrange everything . I would normally have collected but this thing is large and heavy and i didn't want to drag it through a busy town , besides it probably wouldn't fit in the car .

I won't buy from Argos again
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 07:17 PM

Re: Argos delivery service

How annoying Susan.
Don't hold your breath yet either, if Yodel's normal record is anything to go by. Good luck though.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 07:25 PM

Amazes me how Yodel are still in business tbh - absolute shower of poo!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2017, 08:21 PM

I have found Amazon Logistics to be the best by far.

Also, sign up for Amazon Prime (free trial) and get free delivery. All you have to remember is to cancel membership before 30 days is up!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2017, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have found Amazon Logistics to be the best by far.

Also, sign up for Amazon Prime (free trial) and get free delivery. All you have to remember is to cancel membership before 30 days is up!
Amazon deliveries are great. I'm on prime as I use them a lot. You also get steaming music / videos etc. I find the annual fee to be worth it all.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2017, 02:30 PM

I've had no problems with Yodel, - bought a 'shark' vacuum cleaner couple of weeks ago from Argos - was delivered 24 hours after I ordered it on-line.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2017, 04:30 PM

Still waiting for delivery , phoned Argos to chase up yesterday , promised today , last night I rang yodel it's now supposed to come Saturday . I've written to argos head office an email complaining . Not good service at all .

Never again
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2017, 04:37 PM

I wont deal with any company that contracts deliveries to Yodel.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2017, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Still waiting for delivery , phoned Argos to chase up yesterday , promised today , last night I rang yodel it's now supposed to come Saturday . I've written to argos head office an email complaining . Not good service at all .

Never again
I'd have cancelled the order by now, giving Argos your reasons. I'm sure there must be other outlets who can supply the item you need.

If they had any sense, they'd ditch their present couriers and find someone better.

If enough people found the same problems and everyone informed Argos, they'd no doubt do something about it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2017, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by JBR;1132060[B
]I'd have cancelled the order by now, giving Argos your reasons.[/B] I'm sure there must be other outlets who can supply the item you need.

If they had any sense, they'd ditch their present couriers and find someone better.

If enough people found the same problems and everyone informed Argos, they'd no doubt do something about it.

I totally agree JBR.
Poor Susan, how frustrating. That is really appalling service.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top