Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 01:10 PM

Executions

Would you be prepared to watch the execution of a criminal?

In Virginia, Arkansas and other US states, it is a legal requirement to have executions witnessed by people who have no connection with the crime. Those that volunteer for this `duty` are meant to represent the general public and are there to see that justice is done. By the look of some of the application letters to become a witness, some relish the prospect.

Don't think I could do it, could you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39535957
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 01:17 PM

Re: Executions

Erm ... no. I can think of more pleasurable pastimes.

If it were a legal requirement , say like jury service that would be different but to 'want' to watch an execution no thanks.

I hope they're not allowed to take any selfies when they're there.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 01:19 PM

Nope. .....I have no interest in watching someone die....be they a murderer or not.

I would feel different if it were one of my kids that had been murdered...then id happily do the deed myself....without witnesses. ...of course.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 01:21 PM

Contact me if you ever need an alibi.

Just kidding Morti is no way encourages, supports or condones taking the law out of the law's hands.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Contact me if you ever need an alibi.

Just kidding Morti is no way encourages, supports or condones taking the law out of the law's hands.
Nice disclaimer.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 01:25 PM

No unless it was a loved one then I'd be there as support for them. Hopefully though enough has been instilled to them all they will stay on straight and narrow.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 01:30 PM

I couldn't sit in on an execution. I have seen a number of people die, family members (3) and the terminally ill and that is more than enough for me
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 02:10 PM

I don't think l would like to hear that last gasp or is it a rattle?
I wonder who gets priority on the best seats?
Thanks but No Thanks, l wouldn't like to witness death. Nor even a birth!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Would you be prepared to watch the execution of a criminal?

In Virginia, Arkansas and other US states, it is a legal requirement to have executions witnessed by people who have no connection with the crime. Those that volunteer for this `duty` are meant to represent the general public and are there to see that justice is done. By the look of some of the application letters to become a witness, some relish the prospect.

Don't think I could do it, could you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39535957

No wonder the Americans are a belligerent, evil, arrogant race.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

11-04-2017, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No wonder the Americans are a belligerent, evil, arrogant race.
I nearly choked with laughter, comrade Joeski.
after you wrote this (below):

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
My point is that it was the paranoid bloody Americans, who can't stand anything remotely Russian
The irony is astounding

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top