Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 08:38 AM

United Airlines forcibly remove a passenger...

....Because they needed the seat for a crew member.

Apparently, they had asked for volunteers to give up their seats but no one wanted to (surprise), so they picked passengers at random. When a Doctor refused to get off the plane, he was forcibly removed and dragged down the aisle.

I have had the misfortune with flying with United and they are complete scumbags.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39554421
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 09:02 AM

Re: United Airlines forcibly remove a passenger...

A great PR stunt, I wonder if they will still be in business after the doc sues them...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 09:02 AM

I can't help thinking they had a reason for it going beyond needing a seat, why pick someone so far from the doors ? Why pick someone there when they could have taken someone off much easier with less fuss next to the door area ? Listening to voices you can't tell races but I did wonder if it was his colour caused the reaction !

Certainly hasn't convinced me to fly with them.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 10:48 AM

When no one volunteered didn't they pick people an random. But surely they should have found out who they were and why they needed to be on that flight before dragging them off as they did.

Surely if they offered an incentive someone would have jumped at the chance if they did not need to be in Louisville urgently and get the next flight.

Is this what they usually do when over booking a flight. I wonder if he tried to explain that he needed to be at work or did they just ignore him.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 11:01 AM

Another Asian starting trouble...how dare he refuse to give uo his seat.

Headbutting fists seems to be a favourite tactic.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 11:16 AM

It seems common to overbook, if people are paying up front they shouldn't over book surely the seat is paid for they won't lose money on it.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It seems common to overbook, if people are paying up front they shouldn't over book surely the seat is paid for they won't lose money on it.
They try for maximum capacity.
A no show loses money in lost in flight revenue.

They can usually predict how many passengers will fail to turn up.
Known as "no show factor" or "yield management"

This practice shiuld be banned.

Though I suspect this was not the case here.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 11:41 AM

I've just read that three people did get off the flight with $800 dollars and an hotel stay as compensation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

11-04-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
They try for maximum capacity.
A no show loses money in lost in flight revenue.

They can usually predict how many passengers will fail to turn up.
Known as "no show factor" or "yield management"

This practice shiuld be banned.

Though I suspect this was not the case here.
Well perhaps talking a small deposit plus pay for seat could avoid all this ? I agree it should be banned.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 11:44 AM

Hi

I cannot understand why they would chose to remove a Doctor who was due back working at the Hospital, rather than say a marketing executive or some such.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top