Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 07:55 AM

Just one week to go

One week before wedding of my Jordan and his young lady Ivanka, we are busy sewing like mad to get dresses ready. Most pleasantly surprised she wanted to make her own dress, and is a better seamstress than me so it's all going really well.

I think he's picked a good 'un.

Only one fly in the ointment Nathan forgot to ask for the day off ! He's gone in today to talk to his boss, I've told him trouble if he comes home with a no !

Been to see the hall we have hired for the reception and we've extended the rental to include the kitchen too as that was much better equipped to deal with the food and will be easier to make some of it there.

The ladies floral art group have offered to make arrangements for the tables I knew cleaning for them all those years would come in handy one day

Tickets for flights booked and paid for so her parents just need to turn up and my brother is coming over from USA which was a surprise.

Grace keeps wanting to try her dress on I think she'd sleep in it given a chance. First time she's been a bridesmaid and I think she's more excited than the bride !

Church has been organised and the ladies there are doing the florals we are just providing the flowers and a local place that sells flowers for arranging is delivering on Friday for an extra charge.

Everyone matters has replied to invites sadly Jordan's mum has decided not to come I could happily strangle her
But his dad is coming back from Sri Lanka for the ceremony.

Mosque is prepared, they don't have flowers but they do decorate all the ladies with henna and the men wear special robes, I think Ivanka is being hennaed between church and mosque by one of the ladies from the mosque. Hope we don't have too many bumps in the road or that could be a bit messy

So alls on time and apart from my blouse and finishing touches to hem on ivankas dress we are set to go !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 07:59 AM

Re: Just one week to go

Julie darlin' - make sure the batteries in your camera are good - we all want to see photos of you all!!!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 08:57 AM

Exciting time Julie. Good to know it's all going to plan.

I hope you have a really wonderful day and take lots of photo's to share with us.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 09:08 AM

I love weddings Julie, my son is getting married next year. I hope yours goes well. Congratulations to Jordan a nd his intended
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 09:47 AM

Julie, I sometimes think that D day took less planning than a wedding does, it sounds as though your getting everything ready and leaving no stone unturned , hope everything goes well and you have a lovely time, although that might be difficult if he doesn't get the day off!!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 09:51 AM

Hope it goes well for you all Julie, and good luck with all your preparations.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 09:55 AM

Thanks all just had a text nates OK his boss found it really funny the best man forgetting to get the day off. So he was ready with his answer before Nathan asked. So alls good best man will be there on the day.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 10:08 AM

The best weddings I've been to have been ones where everyone mucks in and families share the preparations.
Much better than some that are "managed".
I hope you all have a lovely day, all those memories being made and shared.
Tip, have a nosey at the best man's speech beforehand. My son in laws brother made some really embarrassing revelations!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 11:27 AM

I hope You all have a wonderful day Julie, and the sun shines on the happy Couple,x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

09-04-2017, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
The best weddings I've been to have been ones where everyone mucks in and families share the preparations.
Much better than some that are "managed".
I hope you all have a lovely day, all those memories being made and shared.
Tip, have a nosey at the best man's speech beforehand. My son in laws brother made some really embarrassing revelations!
Thank you all and yes my husband is "helping " with Nathan's speech he had a look at what was written down yesterday and while it made him laugh thought it a little colourful for a mixed audience

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top