Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2010, 05:16 PM

Coffee drinkers.

I drink coffee never tea, and I was surprised to read this article in an old magazine (2006).
'Coffee is good for the brain? True.
Enough studies have been done for us to be able to say that drinking three cups of coffee a day could significantly decrease your risk of Parkinson's or Alzheimer's disease. No one is quite sure why, but the effect of caffeine seems substantial, whether it's in coffee, tea or soft drinks. Warning, for some People, too much caffeine may cause health problems'.
I remember been told it was bad for you, you wouldn't know who to believe. This is a very reputable magazine.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2010, 05:36 PM

Re: Coffee drinkers.

I have always drunk coffee and prefer it to tea most of the time. I think the caffeine in coffee and tea can have beneficial effects short-term, but I don't know if it has long term benefits. I know caffeine is a diuretic (so maya be useful for mildly hypertensives) and it also is a psychoactive substance. Anyway, I'll keep on having my fix of caffeine regardless.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2010, 07:20 PM

I used to drink my coffee black but have switched to cappuccino now and find it more enjoyable.

I also drink my tea black and that is decaffeinated.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2010, 11:26 PM

I drank coffee for years but switched to tea only as it doesn't keep me awake at night as coffee started doing; been a tea only person for about 20 years. Green tea, plain.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2010, 11:35 PM

Have a cup of coffee as soon as I get up-starts my day off, then rest of time drink tea or water. Used to always drink only coffee, then found I couldn't get to sleep at night-made my brain hyper. Much prefer coffee to tea, but also like my sleep! Its funny how one thing can be good for you at some point, and then next thing its not good for you.......
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2010, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Have a cup of coffee as soon as I get up-starts my day off, then rest of time drink tea or water. Used to always drink only coffee, then found I couldn't get to sleep at night-made my brain hyper. Much prefer coffee to tea, but also like my sleep! Its funny how one thing can be good for you at some point, and then next thing its not good for you.......
LOL, another similarity 'sis'!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2010, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
LOL, another similarity 'sis'!
They keep cropping up don't they 'sis'!
welshgit
llanybydder, wales
welshgit is male  welshgit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2010, 07:13 PM

I drink coffee and tea but although I could drink gallons of coffee I'd spend most of my life impersonating a hose-pipe, so tend to stick to loadsa tea
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2010, 07:21 PM

I drank coffee all my life, hardly anything else until I gave up smoking over a year ago and now I can't stand it. One cup of tea first thing in the morning and cold milk straight from the fridge all the rest of the day for me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2010, 08:45 PM

Another coffee drinker here it has to be Kenyan, mild and slightly acidic which I make by the single cup with a filter..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top