Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2010, 12:08 PM

Twisted Son.

A very sad story in the Irish news this week about a Son who starved, assaulted and humiliated his parents and was jailed for 15 years. The Son (39) pleaded guilty to endangering the couple by compelling them to take cold showers and drip dry in front of the open door. The Judge said the case was ' enough to leave anyone aghast at such evil'. the couple were found to be malnourished and 3 stone underweight, the Mother is 70 and the Father is 71. It goes on and on but you get the bones of it. I have often witnessed Sons (and Daughters) bullying their elderly parents and I think a lot of it goes on, though hidden.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2010, 01:00 PM

Re: Twisted Son.

People like that should be hung
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by bloggsy ->
People like that should be hung
Failing that, locked up for ever with hardened criminals who happen to love their parents. He'll be out at 54!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2010, 02:19 PM

I think it's awful! I really detest people who don't consider the elderly let alone bully them
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2010, 06:38 PM

That is absolutely disgusting! He should have been given 30 years. Just hope that his life is made hell in prison by other prisoners.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2010, 09:56 PM

Sickening! Hard to believe such evil; I hope the word gets around in prison what he's in for .....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2010, 10:37 PM

Evil! Its surprising how other prisoners find out things, I really hope he gets what he deserves in prison, and more!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2010, 05:52 PM

I know elder abuse goes on much more than people realise. It is often discovered if the older person is admitted into hospital and it becomes apparent that their children are responsible. The elderly person is very often completely submissive and has lived in fear of their own child for a long time. It not only takes the form of physical abuse, but mental and financial abuse as well. In our area there was also a son who murdered both his father and mother when living at home and it transpired that he had been abusing them both. These sort of people must be depraved in my opinion.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top