Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 07:10 PM

Are You Impetuous Or Level Headed?

I may have done a silly thing but l have paid upfront and purchased an item without seeing it!
My oven is on the way out, so l rang a reputable kitchen supply company to see if they were selling off their ex display ovens. Yes, they were and l have purchased an oven for £150 instead of the normal £400 - £500 plus price!
I haven't even seen the the oven, I don't even trust the brand but it's done and they are delivering on Friday!
So l ask, are you impetuous or level headed? Do you take chances?
I suppose, it's a bit like making a bet, some you win, some you lose!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 07:21 PM

Re: Are You Impetuous Or Level Headed?

You do come up with some wonderful questions!!

Impetuous ... yes, being honest about it, I am impetuous sometimes - especially where craft stuff is involved. Have been known to blow more than my budget on occasion and have to live very sparingly until the next payday. Have always been like that though - am too old to change now. Besides - it can be fun!

Level Headed ... also, yes, especially in emergenciy situations. I am usually the one who takes charge as I never, ever panic. Might sink in a heap when whatever it was is over though!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 07:25 PM

Eeek Art I don't buy anything without doing research even if it is a simple think like a battery.
Hope your cooker is ok

I must be the least impetuious person you have met everything has to be given careful consideration .
My son sometimes texts and says do you want to do such-a-thing today, I can't say yes because I need time to think about every aspect of the suggestion,a day preferably and to do my own risk assessment
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Eeek Art I don't buy anything without doing research even if it is a simple think like a battery.
Hope your cooker is ok

I must be the least impetuious person you have met everything has to be given careful consideration .
My son sometimes texts and says do you want to do such-a-thing today, I can't say yes because I need time to think about every aspect of the suggestion,a day preferably and to do my own risk assessment

Yes, Megs, I have done a little research and have just gone with my gut feeling! For £150 for a top of the range oven with pyrolytic oven, it can't be bad?!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 07:45 PM

I'm a nightmare I buy if it looks nice and worry later.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2017, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You do come up with some wonderful questions!!

Impetuous ... yes, being honest about it, I am impetuous sometimes - especially where craft stuff is involved. Have been known to blow more than my budget on occasion and have to live very sparingly until the next payday. Have always been like that though - am too old to change now. Besides - it can be fun!

Level Headed ... also, yes, especially in emergenciy situations. I am usually the one who takes charge as I never, ever panic. Might sink in a heap when whatever it was is over though!
ST, I laughed at you saying, l come up with some wonderful questions? Yes, l agree! Sometimes, l think, l need help!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 07:46 PM

Hi

Incredibly level headed, except when it comes to tall slim blondes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2017, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Incredibly level headed, except when it comes to tall slim blondes.
Swimmy, You forgot.... size 8! Or was it... size 6?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 07:55 PM

If she was tall and size 6 she would be like a walking skeleton
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 08:10 PM

OMG Art, I would never buy anything without seeing it, even clothes I must try them on first.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top