Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 10:33 PM

Funny couple of days

I popped over to the garden centre to pick up some more compost this morning.
While I was there, I felt a bit peckish so decided to order a sarnie and a coffee save doing it when I got home.
I waited and waited and waited for my sarnie to come, people coming in long after me were eating and still no sandwich.
Eventually I asked what had happened and discovered they had 'lost' my order. The chap then brought me a free coffee while I waited all over again.

Later, when I was leaving I saw some tiny trowels. I thought they'd be just right for poking round in my tubs instead of the big trowel, so I bought one.
When a nice man was loading my compost in the car for me, I saw the little trowel at the bottom of the trolley and thought the girl on the till hadn't seen it, and hadn't charged me. I looked on the receipt and sure enough, nothing said 'trowel.'
Now I could have gone home with my freebie, but being the honest soul I am, I locked the car back up and returned to the shop to own up. I saw a different assistant and told her that I thought her colleague had not taken for the tool and she thanked me and took the money.
When I got home, I got my sack barrow to cart the compost through to the back garden, as I can't seem to lift these bags like I used to.
I then went indoors to make a cuppa. That's when I looked at the garden centre receipt. I found I had paid for the trowel first time after all, so through being honest, I ended up buying the darn thing twice.
I then drove back to the garden centre for the third time to ask for a refund!!

After all the business with the 'case of the missing scanner' at my hospital appointment Saturday, then today them losing my dinner today and 3 trips to the garden place just to get a couple of bags of compost, I think I'd best stop at home tomorrow.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 10:53 PM

Re: Funny couple of days

Aw Mups some days you just wish you could go back to bed and start again don't you ....

When that kind of thing happens to me I just tell myself best not to dwell on it it can be changed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 10:57 PM

Mups. ....and how much petrol have you used doing all that?

Didn't another member have a similar experience a while back? He bought some ? for his garden and thought it was so many for a certain price and went back and got a refund. Later, he discovered it was his mistake, he'd read it wrong!
I can't remember who it was but he asked us in a thread, what should he do?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 07:43 AM

Moral of this story is shopping is expensive, stoppit and start saving coz we are doomed i tell ya.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 07:51 AM

Hi

Keep taking the tablets Mups.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 08:14 AM

Oh dear - we all get days like that Mups.

I hope the garden centre wasn't too far away.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 08:15 AM

Yep stay close to home today Mups and have plenty of cuppas whilst doing a bit of gardening with you new trowel..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 08:53 AM

Oh dear Mups! As already said, I hope the refund was worth more than petrol usage!

Yes dear, stay home today. Better still, stop in bed.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 09:11 AM

Mups sometimes honesty isn't the best policy!
A few weeks ago I did a big shop at the supermarket, put all on to the checkout counter, loaded my bags back into the trolley, paid, and took them back to the car. While loading the car I noticed a small pastry I had bought myself (about 50p) lying in the bottom of the trolley... so I probably hadn't paid for it and couldn't find the bill in my bags.
The shop was short staffed with big queues and nobody to help... so I am afraid I just went home because I had an appointment at the doctors and needed to rush.
The next week I mentioned it, when I shopped again, and the staff said " Don't worry, have that one on us, because we are sure that a few items aren't paid for every week!"
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 09:25 AM

Well mups I keep saying , as we get older we become invisible !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top