Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2010, 08:04 AM

Battered Thursday

Good Morning everyone.

I got up this morning and went to the bathroom without putting the light on and Yes, you guessed it, I walked into a half open door to the cloakroom, hence a lovely bruise on the side of my head and a cut arm from the door catch. .
Memo to self, switch the hall light on outside the bedroom door. At least my wife started her day with a smile, did I say smile!! more like a belly laugh.

Have a great day everyone and remember to switch on a light when it is dark or prepare to face the consequencies.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2010, 09:03 AM

Re: Battered Thursday

Good Morning AB and Everyone and hope each of you will enjoy a good Thursday.

Hope anyone living in the Cornwall area hasn't been affected by yesterday's floods. Thoughts going to those living there.

Oh AB I always put on the light now if I get up to the loo - after I fell over Loki lying sprawled across the hall just outside my door! I do hope you're not in too much pain!!

Take care all and stay safe
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2010, 12:45 PM

Good morning everyone. Brrrrr, it's getting colder all around us with today's high at just 48F. There's a weather advisory for this coming weekend with snow levels possible below 1000 feet. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere. I need to make a stop at my grocery store soon but that can wait as I have adequate supplies for another day. There's an 80% chance for rain today and 60% through the weekend.

Still no word on my car being repaired. It would be nice if I had it in this aweful weather. I'll be keeping it in my carport stall when I get it back because the high winds may bring more trees crashing down. Have a good day all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2010, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->

I got up this morning and went to the bathroom without putting the light on and Yes, you guessed it, I walked into a half open door to the cloakroom, hence a lovely bruise on the side of my head and a cut arm from the door catch. .
Funny thing is that on the Sky Newspaper review this morning James Whale found a story that reported that some mad scientist had worked out that putting the light on when you get out of bed was a bad thing to do

I couldn't see the logic and your story has just proved it's wrong (Sorry can't remember which newspaper it was)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2010, 03:25 PM

Good afternoon OFFers!

Ouch! AB, I hope your bumps and bruises are healing ...... a lesson learned there!

It's sunny here but quite cold. I had a hairdresser appointment this morning and then did some shopping on the way home. Then back indoors where I intend to stay in the warm...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2010, 05:02 PM

Sunny and still chilly here, 10 C (49 F), and the howling winds have stopped; there was quite a bit of damage from them, downed trees, etc. But a lovely Autumn day, must tale a pic of the Japanese maple in all it's scarlet glory. No news, quiet lie-in day and pottering; waiting for delivery of the new credit card ... now have to notify everyone of the new number, bah!

Ouch, AB! Hope you;re feeling a bit better now!
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->

Good Morning everyone.

Memo to self, switch the hall light on outside the bedroom door. At least my wife started her day with a smile, did I say smile!! more like a belly laugh.

Have a great day everyone and remember to switch on a light when it is dark or prepare to face the consequencies.
Oh dear Rodney you are a Plonker
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2010, 09:31 PM

Evening all....hope the bumps and bruises heal quickly AB........

Walked and got drenched in the rain again!-caught up with jobs then it was off to the supermarket for bit of shopping, then tea and chat with my friend who called round......

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top