Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 08:11 PM

Discussion Sites Banning People Unreasonably

Ever been on other forums? I have, and been banned more times that I can remember over the years.

I don't think there is one of them that was valid or fair. I think the problem is most mods are Left- wingers with a strong totalitarian instincts (not unlike on university campuses). That's why they wanted to be mods in the first place.

They will ban you just for stating facts. Left-wing posters, of course, don't have much trouble.

Anyone had similar problems?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 08:30 PM

Re: Discussion Sites Banning People Unreasonably

**Please keep this discussion general and do not mention other sites or members here.
Thank you.

See this post from Admin...

Originally Posted by Azz
Do not mention any 'spats'/grievances from other forums
Do not discuss other members (or ex-members) on the forum
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...91#post1032991
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 08:59 PM

You're Banned Gravitas......
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 09:33 AM

'Unreasonably' is a word I don't understand. I always thought there is a reason for everything.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 09:47 AM

I agree mr p I've only ever been banned once and that was from my own forum ! We had a bit of a barny with another forum and they hacked and over took us ! No one that was an original member survived the ensuing cull. Sad as we were a fairly nice peaceful group the forum was no trouble to any other but we fell foul of a rather odd bunch of people who took offence at us being called not for boys, just a joke about chocolate but they saw if as a slight on their manhood and decided to cause trouble for us.

Internets a funny old place at times.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 09:51 AM

Definitely had a similar problem, as did many others when a new Mod was deleting lots of comments because they didn't agree with them, plus no reasons were given.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree mr p I've only ever been banned once and that was from my own forum ! We had a bit of a barny with another forum and they hacked and over took us ! No one that was an original member survived the ensuing cull. Sad as we were a fairly nice peaceful group the forum was no trouble to any other but we fell foul of a rather odd bunch of people who took offence at us being called not for boys, just a joke about chocolate but they saw if as a slight on their manhood and decided to cause trouble for us.

Internets a funny old place at times.
I admit to having been banned twice in the past. Mainly because of not agreeing with the mods and voicing my opinion about what they were doing to members.
Don't forget, mods are not trained. You just have to hope they have a good amount of common sense, like the mods on OFF. I hope Azz pays them well for the excellent job they're doing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 10:05 AM

Good mods make a good forum.
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 10:09 AM

Like many others I have and still do belong to several forums. Although I have never been banned, I have had the odd occasion when a moderator has seen fit to make a comment on a post. I suppose we have to have some kind of checks on what goes out or we could easily develop into a twitter type feed, and reading some of those comments can be stomach turning. Whether or not they can muted as left wing or some other equally pointless phrase is disputable and in itself derogatory. Just saying.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 10:15 AM

I must be a goody goody as l have never been banned from a site. I don't think l would ever get over it and l would feel embarrasssed!
I was once barred from a pub! It wasn't because l was drunk and disorderly. The hardcase landlady had, had her hair cut short and l remarked it was nicer longer!
I was still quite shocked that l was a barred person!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top