Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 11:12 AM

Was this an April 1st Wind-up?

I saw in yesterdays paper that the police in Mid-Wales are changing their uniforms to pacify trans-gender people.
They are banning different uniforms for male and female officers now, and hats and ties will be replaced by 'gender neutral' outfits.

It says:

"The uniform switch is one of 18 gender changes by chiefs at Dyfed-Powys Police in Mid Wales.
We have learnt there may have been times when our practices have adversely impacted our trans communities.
Thi isn't right. We have been actively working with these communities to improve our service."

The changes mean all officers will wear a unisex hat and neckwear to 'minimum gender differences.'

Following that train of thought on then, will eventually office workers, shopkeepers. bank workers, car salesmen and everyone else have to ditch the male/female clothing so as not to offend???

I'd best go and start cutting up me frocks. . .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 11:18 AM

Re: Was this an April 1st Wind-up?

It looks like it's true Mups .... this report was dated 31.3.17...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...s-male-female/
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 11:51 AM

What exactly is 'gender neutral' clothing supposed to be?

Never heard anything so daft.
Take Caitlin Jenner (formerly Brucie) ... she/he revels in femininity now. Make-up, long hair, high heels, nail varnish, glamorous frocks... in short, the whole works.

All this dumbing down is a poke in the eye for her isn't it. Might as well have stayed as a chap and just dressed neutral gender.

All this ridiculous bumf must just be for those undergoing the transgender journey who haven't yet arrived.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 01:04 PM

I was hoping it'd be a joke, but my same paper declared Harry and Meghan got wed in Las Vegas, quietly and without fuss, and had look alikes (though Meghan was barely visible) in the photos. Heh heh.

Re the gender neutral uniforms, don't get me started on yet another PC bit of c***!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 01:18 PM

Why on earth do the gay people think the world should change, and cater for them above everyone else?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Why on earth do the gay people think the world should change, and cater for them above everyone else?
It's called equality. .....though sometimes it appears some are more equal than others.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It seems to me that those with the loudest voices get what they want, and sod the rest of us - the majority.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-04-2017, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It's called equality. .....though sometimes it appears some are more equal than others.

But it is only the gay people who have kicked off about it.
How can that be equal when the heterosexual people haven't complained? If it was 'equal', both sides should complain!

We'll have dogs complaining next, saying they are outnumbered by cats in their street.

Anyway Tpin, you should have complained too.
Builders could complain about non-equality and there being more men than women employed on site.

Seriously though, I think this is a ridiculous step too far and will open the floodgates to all sorts of cranky demands by people now..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-04-2017, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It seems to me that those with the loudest voices get what they want, and sod the rest of us - the majority.

Yes JBR, and if they expect and demand to be treated equally, they should act equally, and stop having tantrums and making ridiculous demands.

Do any other criminals insist the police dress different?

How is it going to help gays feel better about being arrested if the copper is wearing a tie or not??
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 05:58 PM

I loathed having to wear a tie to school - but didn't whinge about it - it was part of the uniform so I just wore it. Mind you, it was the first thing taken off when I came home!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top