Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 11:12 AM

Caribbean port

ok this might not work but try enlarging this photo ( Ctrl and +) and tell me what you think. It is about 6/7 pictures stitched together to create a panaromatic shot. In other words I have been playing again

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 08:50 AM

Re: Caribbean port

Well I recognise part of it it's the capital of Dominica Roseau .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 09:18 AM

I was wondering if it was St Vincent but I don't think it has a long pier like that, it's mountainous though just like the background in this. Well done by the way I can't see the joins
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 10:03 AM

That's a great shot realspeed.

Thinking back to when I was teenager in the days of photos being developed at the chemists, I tried taking a panoramic shot in Spain by standing in one spot, turning and taking eight photographs. The idea was to stick them all together by overlapping but I was surprised to find that none of them actually matched.

Do you think that was due to the development or because the lens would have distorted them slightly?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's a great shot realspeed.

Thinking back to when I was teenager in the days of photos being developed at the chemists, I tried taking a panoramic shot in Spain by standing in one spot, turning and taking eight photographs. The idea was to stick them all together by overlapping but I was surprised to find that none of them actually matched.

Do you think that was due to the development or because the lens would have distorted them slightly?
Neither really,the problem with aligning up multiple photos manually is neigh impossible. The problems can be in a light difference between each shot or getting the levels right just for starters.

I had an early version of Adobe Elements which allowed to stitch several photos together by physically getting them side by side and the editing suite to do the rest of the work.

This was unsuccessful to say the least, now with the latest Elements I use version 14 ( 15 just released ) all this is done by the editing suite itself as shown above.
It used to be recommended that there is a third overlap from shot to shot and I still do that.

Then there is the problem of unfilled space denoted by a mesh pattern. In earlier Adobe Elements I had to crop this out but now the version of Elements I use now does this fill in automatically.

Still struggling with distortion to a certain amount and may have to go to another editing suite to push back the middle and pull forward the edges a bit. Still thinking on that.

there are other ways of stitching photos as on on top of the other but as far as I can see Adobe Elements does not have this capability and editing suites that do are very expensive.

Obviously videoing is another solution except you can't make a hard copy

In the video you can see the light difference from left to right as explain as one of the problems stitching photos together manually

Dominica

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 11:23 PM

It was Roseau wasn't it ?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-04-2017, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It was Roseau wasn't it ?
Yes it was
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

04-04-2017, 12:15 AM

test photo removed
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 09:53 AM

Thanks realspeed. I have to say that stitching has moved on so much since then.

LDs

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top