Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 08:06 AM

Factual thoughts on Marriage

The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.

Marriage is the only war in which you sleep with the enemy

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener!

Married couples who love each other tell each other a thousand things without talking.

Chains do not hold a marriage together.
It is the threads, hundreds of tiny threads,
which sew people together through the years.

Marriage is the sole cause of divorce.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 10:27 AM

Re: Factual thoughts on Marriage

Those are brilliant, AB, many thanks for a cheering smile first thing in the morning!!

Take care.
welshgit
llanybydder, wales
welshgit is male  welshgit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 10:44 AM

2nd time around for me and I never thought I'd say it but, "Yes,it is possible to get your fingers burned twice!!!!"

On a more positive note, as I've got older I have got more tolerant and calm. That doesn't make it OK for someone to treat me like summat you'd scrape of your boots tho
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 02:04 PM

We had 25 years of marriage and despite the odd tiff we were happy. But as I sorted through all her `stuff` it dawned on me that there was so much more to her hopes and ideas than I had fully appreciated

I felt so guilty and broke down in tears.

Make every day with your partner a `special` day for tomorrow they might be gone
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
We had 25 years of marriage and despite the odd tiff we were happy. But as I sorted through all her `stuff` it dawned on me that there was so much more to her hopes and ideas than I had fully appreciated

Make every day with your partner a `special` day for tomorrow they might be gone
OG, you are so right. We do tend to take things for granted until it is to late.

I have always said, Tell those you love how you feel everyday, you may not get another chance.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->

That must have been so hard for you OG. For you to be able to say you had 25 happy years together is wonderful. Take care........
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 11:01 PM

I think marriage is about:

Respecting each other

Give and take

Communicating with each other and talking things through

Being 100% faithful to each other

Being there for each other

Just basically enjoying each other's company

Hubby and I have been married nearly 11 years and we are very lucky and have a very happy marriage.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2010, 02:49 AM

As one who's never married, find these comments interesting. Marriage must be like a job, you need to keep working on it to make it successful. OG, you must be missing your Jenny so much.. (((hugs)))
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

18-11-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->

Respecting each other

Give and take

Hubby and I have been married nearly 11 years and we are very lucky and have a very happy marriage.
You are right Alicat but you forgot the most important one which has served us well for 50yrs.

Trust.
Rifleman
Welling Kent
Rifleman is male  Rifleman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2010, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->

Respecting each other

Give and take

I agree with that and in January we will have been married for 30 years and my Wife Anita is still my best friend,

I had been married before for 10 years but that didn't work out,

It always seems strange how your Parents always seem to know something?

My Mum never really liked my first Wife and warned me about marring her and it worked out she was right, but she loved Anita straight away and they got on like a house on fire,

Sadly our wedding wasn't the easiest of times as my Mum died a few days before we were due to get married and the funeral was planned for a few days after,

At first we thought about postponing the wedding but friends and relations persuaded us to go ahead as they said that was what Mum would have wanted,

I just wish she had been around to see the Grandchildren and possibly the Great Grandchildren!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top