Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2010, 07:59 AM

Sleepy Sunday

Good morning everyone.

Did I say that it was Lazy Saturday yesterday?
Far form it, a friend came round and asked if I would make up a foursome at gold so me, being the fitness fanatic I am said sure, lets go.

Six hours later, and slighty inebriated due to the 19th hole, I arrived home to find we had visitors who some how managed to stay until after midnight.

On arising this morning I thought, Oh! no flu coming on with the aches and pains I could feel until I realised that they were from doing a bit of exercise yesterday. So much for Lazy Saturday.

After ther Memorial service at the Monument today I am putting my foot down and definately not doing anything unless of course she who must be obeyed says so.

Have a wonderful day everyone and remember, exercise is OK in small doses as you get older, so spend the day relaxing.

Rememberance for both my uncles who died in WW1 and all the other brave souls who have given their lives for us.

You are not dead, you have moved on to a better place after creating us a place for Freedom and Peace.
God Bless you all.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2010, 10:52 AM

Re: Sleepy Sunday

Good Morning AB and Everyone. Hope you all have a peaceful day, no matter what the weather is like.

Love your gif, AB.

Thinking about all those who gave their lives in all the wars. I had a cousin I never knew, he was killed before I was born, but his mother (my Mum's older sister) never got over his death. He was a Royal Marine.

May all those who fell always Rest in Peace.

They shall not be forgotten.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2010, 11:44 AM

Good morning AB, BK and all to come....

Hope everyone has a restful Sunday.

I'll be watching the Remembrance Service and march past the Cenotaph later and thinking of all the brave servicemen and women who lost their lives. I had an uncle, my Dad's younger brother, who lost his life in WW2.

Never to be forgotten.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2010, 12:01 PM

Raining continuously now which is typical this time of year. It makes for great sleeping weather. I love the sound of rain coming down.

Watched a couple of college football games yesterday. Cooked all my own meals including a yummy pork chop dinner. Believe it or not I've lost 20 pounds since retiring, mainly by doing my own cooking instead of eating rubbish at restaurants.

Today is the day I'm going for an early Thanksgiving dinner with Warren. His mom is just the best cook and I really enjoy the hours of conversation. I'm really not a hermit and enjoy the company of friends. Still no car so Warren will be fetching me sometime this morning. I expect his call to set up the time for pickup.

Have a great day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2010, 05:57 PM

I hope you've had a lovey day, Bob...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2010, 09:18 PM

Hi all! Sunny, not quite as mild as yesterday when we made 20 C ... normal for the day is 15 C! Now before lunch it's 12 C (53 F). Leaves are starting to color, may try for a pic this afternoon as rain is coming for next week. A lie in, papers, crossword and pottering. Ham and cabbage with pickled beets for dinner tonight.

Bob, enjoy the early Thanksgiving dinner!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top