Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 01:19 AM

Another judge with common sense

http://www.nx2.com/a/mp/stunned-mom-...ll-phone-66530

A 15-year-old boy in Spain has decided to take his mother to court after she confiscated his cell phone.

According to The Daily Mail, the Spanish 15-year-old said his mother should be found guilty of “mistreatment” for taking away his cell phone.

The mother reportedly took the phone away in a desperate attempt to force her teenage son to study, which he couldn’t do with his phone as a distraction.

The teenage boy, who has not been named in the media, took his case to Court Number 1 in Almeria, where it was almost immediately thrown out.

According to The Daily Mail, the judge who heard the case said the mother was “well within her rights” and took “the correct action” as a parent by taking away her son’s phone.

“She would not be a responsible mother if she allowed her son to be distracted by the mobile phone and fail to study,” magistrate Luis Columna said in the court ruling, according to Europa Press.

In fact, Columna went as far as to suggest that taking the teen’s cell phone away should almost be required by law.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 07:44 AM

Re: Another judge with common sense

My goodness that's almost common sense ! I'd remove more than the phone he should try living with me
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My goodness that's almost common sense ! I'd remove more than the phone he should try living with me
So would I! And where did the lad find the money to take his mother to court?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
So would I! And where did the lad find the money to take his mother to court?
Good question, I think in many countries there are forces afoot that encourage these young people and cause many problems for families.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 09:47 AM

Evidently the civil code of Spain specifies that it is the duties of parents to prioritise the education of their offspring, the judge reminded the court of this. The prosecution was demanding a 9 month suspended sentence for domestic violence. The "human rights" lawyers are everywhere I guess.

As to where the boy got the money from to do this, well I don´t know, but I suspect he didn´t need any, no doubt the lawyer was hoping to make a killing once he´d got the mother sentenced.

"excerpt from "Spanish News Today"

This ruling follows warnings given by high-profile Granada judge Emilio Calatayud, who is an acknowledged authority in cases involving minors. He highlights access to latest generation mobile phones and internet at an early age as one of the chief risks for young people, warning that uch technology can act as "a drug" and cause addiction in children".

I have no doubt judge Emilio Calatayud is right.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

26-03-2017, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Thinking back, it´s a wonder my son didn´t have me arrested and given a death sentence, especially after the time he came up behind me, tickled me in the ribs and got a frying pan in his face as I swung round. To this day he´s never let me forget that incident. I should add I was washing up at the time, automatic reaction to being tickled in the ribs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

26-03-2017, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Thinking back, it´s a wonder my son didn´t have me arrested and given a death sentence, especially after the time he came up behind me, tickled me in the ribs and got a frying pan in his face as I swung round. To this day he´s never let me forget that incident. I should add I was washing up at the time, automatic reaction to being tickled in the ribs.
Lol I know that feeling of guilt I threatened jokingly to hit Natasha in the face with a tin in the supermarket to stop her whining one day, turned just as she stepped forward and hit her square on the nose with a tin of baked beans. I never lived that one down either
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 12:31 PM

Perhaps it would be a good idea for us to invite some Spanish judges to run our courts.
We could replace the doddering old fools we have at present.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
shouldn't laugh but this was so funny
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps it would be a good idea for us to invite some Spanish judges to run our courts.
We could replace the doddering old fools we have at present.
What an unpleasant sweeping statement!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top