Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 04:41 PM

Well then

And me with a PhD. Just added some coal to my computer and noticed something. Bottom right corner says this copy of windows 7 is not genuine.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 04:47 PM

Re: Well then

Originally Posted by Older git ->
And me with a PhD. Just added some coal to my computer and noticed something. Bottom right corner says this copy of windows 7 is not genuine.

Same here, but I got a cheap copy for £25, so there we go.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 04:48 PM

that sound worrying .
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Same here, but I got a cheap copy for £25, so there we go.

But when can a copy be genuine?.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 04:56 PM

But when can a copy be genuine?.
I dunno actually. I reckon hackers and such like can tap into your computer/mobile/tv any time they like nowadays, however much you spend on these devices.
Might as well get a cheapo one
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

20-03-2017, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I dunno actually. I reckon hackers and such like can tap into your computer/mobile/tv any time they like nowadays, however much you spend on these devices.
Might as well get a cheapo one
I get told I`m so old. This bleeding great tower does for me though. It may not have all the apps,I bank in a branch.

If it gets me here and still links up to my online bridge site that does nicely.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 05:21 PM

Mine says "Genuine...you were robbed d***head"
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 06:17 PM

Get yourself a Mac OG and be done with the Windows for good.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 10:27 PM

Mine too, although I know why.

A couple of years ago, or so, I was messing about with my last laptop trying to combine two partitions (I still don't know why they do that when you buy them) and found that I had lost my Windows installation.

I couldn't sort it out, so called in a computer expert who told me that my hidden partition which held a Windows re-installation had disappeared.

He said he would install another Windows 7 OS and assured me that Microsoft would never know. I was happy for this and didn't feel like a criminal because I had, in effect, already paid for the Windows 7 installation when I bought the computer.

Some time later, the exact same message appeared at the bottom of my screen, and is still there.

At first, my desktop image disappeared replaced by a black screen, although everything else continued to work properly. I had heard of this.

Later on, I managed to get the desktop image back again and it has been fine since - except for 'the message'.

If your situation is the same as mine, I shouldn't worry about them telling you Windows 7 is not genuine.

There is a distinct advantage, too: I have had no problems with MS trying to install Windows 10!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top