Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 02:27 PM

It seems a bit mean.

The youngest daughter of my Lady is in the school production of `Fame` They have rehearsed for weeks and are now `showing` once a night since Wednesday and two shows today and tomorrow. Full houses so it must be bringing some money in. And yet the school provides no refreshments to the children-they are expected to buy their own.

I think that is mean
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 02:54 PM

Re: It seems a bit mean.

To be honest, if the school are making any money I would prefer that it was used towards further educating the children. I am sure the kids in the show could take a bottle of squash and a snack in, for when they get hungry.
It isn't a punishment where they have to work, most kids are proud to be asked to take part in a school production!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
The youngest daughter of my Lady is in the school production of `Fame` They have rehearsed for weeks and are now `showing` once a night since Wednesday and two shows today and tomorrow. Full houses so it must be bringing some money in. And yet the school provides no refreshments to the children-they are expected to buy their own.

I think that is mean
I don't ever remember refreshments being provided for kids taking part in school productions, in my day, when my kids were young, or when my husband was a head teacher. Besides which, schools are desperately strapped for cash these days with all the cut backs being made by the Government.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 03:00 PM

My grandaughter is in all the school shows and in some theatres , non of them provide refreshments so I guess it's expected that parents will provide . I agree any money should be spent on providing books and equipment .

It's wonderful to see them up on the stage performing isn't it , gives the kids great confidence too
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 03:01 PM

Ok fair comment. I never had children let alone being invited to play in a school production.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 03:24 PM

Ok fair comment. I never had children let alone being invited to play in a school production.
Neither did I but 3 children asked if they could adopt me as a grandma, after their Mums mother had died, and they always sent me a ticket to their shows. They were so excited about the parts they were playing, I think food was the last thing on their minds. It was lovely though, because even children who weren't in the production all had a job, like lighting, sound effects, selling programs, or serving refreshments to the audience..... they were all under 11.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

18-03-2017, 04:39 PM

I do smile at times. Her mum had never heard of `Fame`-and why should she? She only left an African country in 2000. Go back two years and think `Hairspray` Yep younger daughter had a part in that also-just a crowd scene and some dancing.

I remembered the original with Divine. But he was just this drag artist you know-I`m not sure about being in loco parentis. But then again--???
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 04:52 PM

I hope your lady's youngest daughter is loving every minute of it and good for her for having the confidence to tread the boards.

I remember doing a sponsored dance at school (in the last millennium) .. it lasted 10 hours and we had to provide our own nibbles. Yup, we even shimmied and danced to the loo for comfort breaks.
Great fun it was too .. though gods knows who managed to break the theatrical departments chaise longue when they danced out of the hall in search of a quick lie down.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 05:10 PM

As others have said not mean and watching my lot in plays less they have to eat and drink better they get so excited it could mean a rather messy play.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

18-03-2017, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I hope your lady's youngest daughter is loving every minute of it and good for her for having the confidence to tread the boards.

I remember doing a sponsored dance at school (in the last millennium) .. it lasted 10 hours and we had to provide our own nibbles. Yup, we even shimmied and danced to the loo for comfort breaks.
Great fun it was too .. though gods knows who managed to break the theatrical departments chaise longue when they danced out of the hall in search of a quick lie down.

She loves every minute,it`s not easy but she is so much more `mature` upstairs than a 15 year old. She hopes to read medecine at University. And I will be there to help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top