Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 07:54 AM

Happy St Patrick's Day

I am going to a Ceilidh in Leeds tonight - if it is anything like last year I won't be back 'til well after dawn!

There are also celebrations tomorrow in York city centre. Displays of Irish Dancing, Folk Bands and Irish food from 11:00am until 10:3opm.

While I think this is lovely - and will certainly be attending - I can't help but wonder why there is not so much fuss made of St George's day ? Poor fellow seems to be left out!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 09:20 AM

Re: Happy St Patrick's Day

I had forgotten it was St Patrick's Day, even though I have Irish nationality as well as my British one. But then I have no interest saint's days.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am going to a Ceilidh in Leeds tonight - if it is anything like last year I won't be back 'til well after dawn!

There are also celebrations tomorrow in York city centre. Displays of Irish Dancing, Folk Bands and Irish food from 11:00am until 10:3opm.

While I think this is lovely - and will certainly be attending - I can't help but wonder why there is not so much fuss made of St George's day ? Poor fellow seems to be left out!

Lucky you I just love a Ceilidh I believe my great grandmother was Irish or Scottish either way I have the soul of a celt!
When I was at school many children ( they were Irish Catholics ) wore bunches of shamrock pinned to their uniform .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 09:32 AM

Happy St Paddys Day to all Our Irish Members...My Grandparents were Irish too and most Folks from the West of Scotland have Irish connections, We all were sent shamrock from the Emerald Isle on the day and wore green ribbons in our hair...happy days
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 09:39 AM

Happy St Patrick's Day from me too! Have a nice time at the Ceilidh, ST.
My grandmother in Ireland would also send us a box of shamrock on St Patrick's Day and we wore it to school!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2565.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	2770  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 09:41 AM

Oh I have my Shamrock at the ready! It is in the 'fridge at the moment but I will be wearing it tonight. I also have the Irish flag flying in my window today - so if I'm not around for a few days please send a file with a cake in it to the nearest gaol!!

I love that poster, Artangel, and isn't it just the truth. Will print it out and put it on the wall in my craft room.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 09:45 AM

Ive the Murphys on ice
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

17-03-2017, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Ive the Murphys on ice
Has to be a drop of Jameson's Whiskey for me to drown the Shamrock
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Oh I have my Shamrock at the ready! It is in the 'fridge at the moment but I will be wearing it tonight. I also have the Irish flag flying in my window today - so if I'm not around for a few days please send a file with a cake in it to the nearest gaol!!

I love that poster, Artangel, and isn't it just the truth. Will print it out and put it on the wall in my craft room.
ST, Talking about the Irish flag. The other day my daughter called and asked me why l had the Irish flag on my radiator? By pure coincidence, l had hung three folded towels, side by side on the radiator, green, white and orange!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 10:02 AM

Now that's patriotism !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top