Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2010, 03:02 PM

Frightening message

I don't know if I should really post this here. Please remove Azz if you think that should be done. At 1am this morning I was awoken by five texts, one straight after the other. Each one contained just one word. They said I Am Going To Strangle You. Whoever did it left their number. I called the police this morning, was given an incident number and they left a scathing message on the number I gave them citing various acts of the law etc. I was absolutely terrified, still not quite right now. The police were marvellous to me, assured me it was probably just a mistake although they couldn't trace the number as it was likely a pay phone. My
husband leaves for work early every morning and I don't want to worry my family, so I hope you don't mind if I tell you instead. The police sergeant called me back twice more to make sure I was OK. I took his advice and did not reply to the person at all. I can be a bit niaive (sp) at times but am not normally frightened that easily.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2010, 03:49 PM

Re: Frightening message

I hope you are not too shaken Maryl and that the nasty texts have stopped now. Did you tell your OH and family? It may help if you have someone with you today, perhaps go out of the house with a friend for a while. It was probably someone just messing about, although it is a sick thing to do to anyone. Have you any idea who it might be? I don't know what else to say to help you.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2010, 04:09 PM

It does sound like a mix-up, probably someone joking around as I don't think anyone is stupid enough not to realise that text messages can be traced so easily these days!

You did the right thing by telling the police tho
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2010, 04:53 PM

How very frighhtening! (((hugs)). Glad the police responded so quickly and helpfully.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2010, 05:01 PM

That's awful, Mary I'm glad the police took it seriously and acted on it straight away.

It was good of the police sergeant to ring you back and check you were ok.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2010, 05:17 PM

You did the right thing by telling the police, I am sorry it scared you. Hopefully the police will get to the bottom of the nasty message.
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2010, 05:22 PM

It must have been very frightening for you Mary and I'm sure the police will be able to trace these texts. Very good of the officer to check up on you. If it had happened to me, I think I would have told my family - they may have recognised the number - just a thought. Maggiexx
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2010, 06:58 PM

Thank you all of you, I really mean that. You have all made me feel sane again. I was on my own and I know I should have gone for a walk or something but felt rooted indoors. I am fine now. An update, I had a call from another police station near London who asked me to verify that I had reported it and then asked me which police station I contacted so that the texter could call it to explain that it was a mistake and how they were now frightened of the scathing message left by the Poole police sergeant. (hee hee). Don't care if it was a mistake, don't care how sorry they are. Husband will be home later on and he will just listen but not offer much sympathy, he's like that with everyone though, just the way he is. Today you have been my friends, thank you for this site Azz x
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2010, 07:18 PM

Sorry to hear of your ordeal Mary and I hope you are over it now. Some People just don't understand the stress they but People through with prank texts and calls, take care.
alima
surrey
alima is female  alima has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2010, 07:20 PM

That's outrageous!

Pound to a penny it's some little teenage snot who thinks it's funny - well, I hope the police find him/her and give him the scare of his life.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top