Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 02:32 PM

Posts about Wales/split from Brexit thread

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm in Cardiff this weekend and made a delicious lamb stew with Welsh lamb which was very reasonably priced. For some reason we can't seem to move lamb around our own country because you can't buy welsh lamb everywhere. I have however seen Irish lamb in the supermarket! I haven't seen New Zealand lamb for a long time. I remember the adverts, was it in the 80's?
My home town. Whereabouts if you don't mind me asking
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 02:43 PM

Re: Posts about Wales/split from Brexit thread

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Hi

Cardiff is your home town?

Never mind, we all have problems.

Now Swansea is lovely.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 02:47 PM

About five mins from the Stadium
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 02:52 PM

Hi

My deepest sympathy to both you and Goldie.

Swansea is much nicer.

Great fishing on the Mumbles and at Aberavon Beach in Port Talbot.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Cardiff is your home town?

Never mind, we all have problems.

Now Swansea is lovely.
Michael Heseltine was born in Swansea, just a bit of trivia...
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 06:44 PM

Hi

My deepest sympathy to both you and Goldie.

Swansea is much nicer.

Great fishing on the Mumbles and at Aberavon Beach in Port Talbot.
What how common.

I like Rhossili. When was the last time you were in Cardiff. Was it the last century. Cardiff has been redeveloped since those days swim
Goldielocks
Spain

11-03-2017, 06:48 PM

Taff Embankment a bit rough there. There are some lovely parts of Cardiff. Great eateries though in the town centre
Goldielocks
Spain

11-03-2017, 06:52 PM

Hi

I have to disagree.

My reasons for doing so are as follows.

The bulk of our exports to the EU are services.

These are not covered by WTO Rules.

The EU have already said we will lose passporting to these services, their win, our lose.

It means a very substantial loss in terms of Taxation here in the UK.

Secondly, the they export more to us then we do to them so it will hurt them more argument.

That is deeply flawed,

The EU is much bigger than the UK, in terms of GDP, which is the way these things are calculated, tariffs will hit our Economy 4 times harder than it will hit the EU Economy.

Thirdly

Our stupid successive Governments have sold off our stakes in Industry to artificially keep taxation down.

Germany and France haven't.

Nissan and Vauxhall are effectively controlled by the French Government.

Airbus, a very profitable company, we sold our share in it, it is a major employer here, now owned by EU Countries, they can just transfer production there.

Simple, stupid mistakes, worse then Gordon Brown selling our Gold Reserves.

Last, but by no means least is this.

The EU Countries provide fantastic amounts of support to their Exporters, we do not.

An example, food exports.

The EU Exporters are covered by Internationally Acceptable Certificates, fully compliant with WTO Rules.

The UK does not provide these free of charge, so when we leave our food producers will have to pay for them.

What does that mean?

Well in terms of one local business, which exports cheese and butter to the EU, it means additional charges of £1.9 million a year.

Enough for the owner to say sod that for a game of marbles, so 360 people more on the dole.
Swim if you don't stop derailing the thread with EU comment. I am reporting it. Many of us had thread pulled so what's different about you. There are specific places for that now.

Sorry thought it was the rugby thread but there are still areas for that to post
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

11-03-2017, 07:10 PM

Swim if you don't stop derailing the thread with EU comment. I am reporting it. Many of us had thread pulled so what's different about you. There are specific places for that now.

Hi

I didn't derail the thread, my post was a direct response to one posted on this thread.

Now, getting back to your post about Cardiff.

The last time I was there was 3 years ago, with the Welsh Nurse; an overpriced eatery on the bay.

I do like Penarth though.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

11-03-2017, 07:39 PM

My favourite area is around Roath park. A house overlooking the stunning lake would suit me fine ☺ but OH is based by the Taff not far from cardiff bay and town. I am headed back to south east now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top