Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 01:25 PM

Friend?

Or arrogant Git? My lady`s daughter is GCSE A* all the way except English literature. Heck she was born in Zimbabwe so what can you expect?

Any road my lady was talking about paying for private tuition.

I suggested I could do that for free. Do things change that much? Grade 2 0 level back in 1969-Thomas Hardy, Shakespeare and `Modern Short Stories`
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 01:28 PM

Re: Friend?

It's refreshing to know your lady friend is willing to invest her own money in her daughter.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Or arrogant Git? My lady`s daughter is GCSE A* all the way except English literature. Heck she was born in Zimbabwe so what can you expect?
Yes sad, isn't it? That people from other countries have a better command of English than our indigenous people.

Something to do with B Liar's dumbing down policy and continued political interference in education, perhaps?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It's refreshing to know your lady friend is willing to invest her own money in her daughter.
That is true. She does care so much. I just thought I could save her a few quid.Why pay for what is on your doorstep?

I guess I am becoming `in loco parentis` Changed my will the other day in case I pop my clogs to make sure said daughter does not struggle at University.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 01:42 PM

That is true. She does care so much. I just thought I could save her a few quid.Why pay for what is on your doorstep?

I guess I am becoming `in loco parentis` Changed my will the other day in case I pop my clogs to make sure said daughter does not struggle at University.
It would seem so.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

11-03-2017, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes sad, isn't it? That people from other countries have a better command of English than our indigenous people.

Something to do with B Liar's dumbing down policy and continued political interference in education, perhaps?

Hand on-said daughter speaks fluent English-Ok with a slight Leeds accent. Well we all did our time there It`s literature she is not quite A* Twere grim in Cormwall,twere grim in Black Country,twere grim oop North- And the three witches did boil upon their vision
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 01:50 PM

You're a good Man OG and I'm happy You've found love in Your life after so much sadness...I look forward to You announcing a wedding soon and wish You the very best ,

PS....don't listen to some of the auld farts on here...They're just jealous ...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

11-03-2017, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
You're a good Man OG and I'm happy You've found love in Your life after so much sadness...I look forward to You announcing a wedding soon and wish You the very best ,

PS....don't listen to some of the auld farts on here...They're just jealous ...
Is it that obvious?

OG knows I'm pulling his leg....I hope.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 01:56 PM

Any road my lady was talking about paying for private tuition.

I suggested I could do that for free. Do things change that much? Grade 2 0 level back in 1969-Thomas Hardy, Shakespeare and `Modern Short Stories`

I don't know if English literature changes OG, but I do know someone who passed their driving test in 1969 probably wouldn't be the best person to teach someone now, because some things do change.
Presumably you'd need to find out the current requirements wanted first, then decide?
Otherwise you might teach her all sorts of irrelevant things but not what they need nowadays? Just a thought.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Is it that obvious?

OG knows I'm pulling his leg....I hope.
..Is that You admitting to being an auld fart?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top