Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 11:52 PM

Dog attack

Some of you will remember when our late Mollie retriever was nearly killed by a neighbours dog and the struggles we had to try and get something done about the dog. Nothing was done and we've lived in fear of that dog since, only taking our out if we know it's not out, trying to keep ours safe from it.

They had a small baby at the time it attacked Mollie but no one could see a link between it attacking other dogs and the child.

Sadly today the rspca and police took the dog away after the child was taken by ambulance.

No idea how badly he has been hurt but those parents should be prosecuted IMO they knew they had a dangerous dog the warning was it biting other dogs and humans.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 12:52 AM

Re: Dog attack

I hope the child is OK, the Parents do get prosecuted & the dog gets put down.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 12:52 AM

Oh no! Not again.

I know how you feel Julie. My dog Toby was attacked and ripped to shreds. He survived but not before I waded in with a link lead. I was badly bitten but at least that dog had a sore head and a good kicking in the nether regions.

The owner ran away. The vet rushed me off to hospital.

This was about 20 years ago.

It seems we never learn. Irresponsible dog ownership.

Personally I worry about dogs around young children.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 01:11 AM

How wrong it is that the authorities only ever seem to act when someone is injured or killed. Some people should never be allowed to keep dogs, or any other creature for that matter. I do hope the child is not badly injured.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 08:56 AM

Although not a good outcome for the dog (and it very rarely is) there is now a chance to do something.
A chance that the parents will have to go to court. This is where Mollie could help. It might be an idea to write a statement so that any case against the parents would be supported by evidence that the dog had shown earlier aggression.

That might help the courts to decide to ban this couple from keeping animals.
Too many cases fall apart because there is no supporting evidence.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 09:32 AM

What seems so wrong is no one took any action when this dog attacked Mollie even when it killed a cat, and attacked other dogs, bit people too. There was always some excuse, no law against dog on dog aggression, people taunting it by walking past with a bag or just a nip no blood to see.

They've let this couple turn this dog into a violent thug, the training,hours on a treadmill mill, the punishments, electric collar and jabbing if in the side with two pointed fingers, so it yelped all made this dog what if is now.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

They've let this couple turn this dog into a violent thug, the training,hours on a treadmill mill, the punishments, electric collar and jabbing if in the side with two pointed fingers, so it yelped all made this dog what if is now.
and this is the problem there is a law against dangerous dogs but the real problem isnt the dogs its the owners which is why I suggested putting in a statement to bolster any charge..

Murphy has been snapped at by two dogs this week one dalmatian who charged in snapping and snarling and one Labrador who tried to take a bite as we passed.
Both owners were on the phone at the time and both dogs were off lead in areas where they should have been onlead. I felt like slapping the owners because if anything were to happen it would be the dogs who got the blame not the idiots who own them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

10-03-2017, 10:48 AM

Is it me or is this sort of thing getting worse ? I'm sure we didn't have so many snapping dogs a few years ago.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 10:56 AM

Hi

It is the in thing, a nasty dog is a symbol for some, makes them feel hard.

Just Social inadequates, mostly with tattoos and hoodies, at least in the towns round here.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
and this is the problem there is a law against dangerous dogs but the real problem isnt the dogs its the owners which is why I suggested putting in a statement to bolster any charge..

Murphy has been snapped at by two dogs this week one dalmatian who charged in snapping and snarling and one Labrador who tried to take a bite as we passed.
Both owners were on the phone at the time and both dogs were off lead in areas where they should have been onlead. I felt like slapping the owners because if anything were to happen it would be the dogs who got the blame not the idiots who own them.
Dogs off leads are a problem, at times. Sometimes , I'm sure dogs can give off a signal that upsets other dogs. The same with humans.

My last dog for 16yrs, a miniature poodle was never liked by other dogs. He was always attacked by them if he got too close. Never did he attack them, but for some reason, they did not like him. Poor little mutt, he always wanted to make friends.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top